Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request a local signal mast

Mkfc198-
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We are living in an area where it is almost impossible to get a signal both inside and outdoors.  Impossible to make calls or use data.  O2 has been aware for years yet unprepared to do what’s needed. Which is a signal mast.  Numerous new houses have been built in the area so a LOT of customers are affected by this lack of signal.  Please look into this asap.   The area is Stanford le Hope. Post code is SS17 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mkfc198- O2 shares masts with other providers, Vodafone being the main one I believe, so the decision to put up a mast is not entirely theirs. In fact it may not be down to the providers at all, as there may be restrictions by your local council about putting a mast in your area, or the mast would need to be on private land and the landowner won't agree. In any event, even if permission were given it would take some time for a mast to be put in place.

Your other option is to look at purchasing phones capable of WiFi calling to help you with this issue. If there are lots of new houses in your area, hopefully the broadband infrastructure has been improved along with the new construction.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi
We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mkfc198- O2 shares masts with other providers, Vodafone being the main one I believe, so the decision to put up a mast is not entirely theirs. In fact it may not be down to the providers at all, as there may be restrictions by your local council about putting a mast in your area, or the mast would need to be on private land and the landowner won't agree. In any event, even if permission were given it would take some time for a mast to be put in place.

Your other option is to look at purchasing phones capable of WiFi calling to help you with this issue. If there are lots of new houses in your area, hopefully the broadband infrastructure has been improved along with the new construction.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3