Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing my SIM card

DarrenDix
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Just upgraded my phone and during the install process my SIM card (and therefore phone number) has stopped working. I tried using the O2 app to order a replacement, but it needs to send a code via text to verify it's me. My number isn't working so I can't receive texts! Went to the O2 store and the best they could do was offer me their phone to wait on the helpline.......for 30 minutes. Not going to wait in the shop, using their phone for that. I have no landline, so can't use that option. Virtual assistance just keeps suggesting I use the website - which wants to do the same as the app. I'm stuck in a vicious cycle. I've contacted O2 via the Facebook Help facility, but obviously, that could take a while. Can anybody please help?!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@DarrenDix 

You can call O2 using Skype Guide: A Guide to Skype 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@DarrenDix 

You can call O2 using Skype Guide: A Guide to Skype 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@DarrenDix 

Did you put the new sim in the phone??  Did you follow the sim swap guide that the sim came in or here Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Why did you not just go into store and ask to do a sim swap, as long as you have photo ID then they could have done it there and then

Also you can use your old sim card in the new phone, you dont need to use the new sim, unless you have an old 4G sim and want to use 5G if it is in your area.. 

Unfortunately you will need to call o2 and either borrow a phone or use Skype Guide: A Guide to Skype  and call 0800 081 0255

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

DarrenDix
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hopefully got it sorted via Skype. Thank you for your reply!

Message 4 of 6

DarrenDix
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hopefully got it sorted via Skype. Thank you for your help!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

You're welcome @DarrenDix 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6