Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove phone blacklist

MikeGB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone tell me if there is some alternative way to get a phone removed from a blacklist through O2?

I have phoned 4445 about it 3 times now and they keep telling me the phone is not showing on any blacklist but various web sites say it is and mobicode say it is on a worldwide GSMA registry that only O2 can remove.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@MikeGB 

It will depend on why it was blacklisted.

If it's a reported loss and insurance claim, O2 will not remove it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

MikeGB
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did report it lost to O2 and asked for the sim to be disabled or whatever but the phone was found about 3 weeks later in the roof of a block of flats where I had been working but I had got a replacement phone in the meantime so tried to sell it and then found out about the blacklist.

I have had the phone from new so know it cannot have been put on the list by anyone else and the 3 people I have spoken to at O2 all say it is not on a blacklist but mobicheck and several other web sites say it is so wondered if there was some other department I could contact that might know a bit more about this.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@MikeGB 

You can only speak to first line customer services.

Any escalation has to be done by O2.

I'll ask @O2Emma if she can help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Argon
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Anyone.
I join the growing list of those who lost and then found my phone, but O2 seem incapable of removing my phone from the IMEI blacklist.
3/10/23 - Phone lost, reported to O2 same day and SIM and phone blocked.
4/10/23 - Asked for new SIM.
5/10/23 - SIM delivered.
6/10/23 - Phone found; advised O2 and asked for phone to be unblocked; was told yes. Chased O2 later that day, was told it takes 24 hours. Advised to visit local O2 shop and get more help.
7/10/23 - Went to O2 shop who spoke with O2 support and requested phone taken off blacklist. Told 24 hours.
8/10/23 - Called O2 again. Was told a 'form' has to be completed and processed; they will do. Takes 24 hours.
9/10/23 - Chased O2. They confirmed the 'form' was in process; wait, it takes 24 'working' hours.
So here we are Friday 13th, 5 days after the 'form' was submitted and phone still on blacklist.
Either O2 have no intention of taking phones of the blacklist.
or O2 ignore their help desk staff; or O2 processes are failing, or O2 help desk staff are incompetent.
Can anyone advise how I can escalate this issue to higher management?

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Call 202, starting at 08:10am when it is quietest, and persist until you get someone who will help you, @Argon. In addition, if the phone has been blacklisted this would point to the whoever you bought the phone from having instigated this - if not O2, this would suggest the phone is the subject of an insurance claim or possibly fraud. The list of Bars applied to a phone, to your account and to the SIM in the phone are all in the table here, if you are challenged when calling 202: Guide: O2 BARs 

Good luck, @Argon.

Message 6 of 6