Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished phone trouble

MintyFresh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I hope somebody can help. I bought a refurb iPhone XR from o2 on 18/06/23 and noticed straight away that something wasn't quite right. I stupidly ignored it and, surprise surprise, it got worse and started doing other weird things too.

When I'm on a call, my volume is really low even though all my settings are maximised and I've checked they are all correct (used Apple support). I can hear who I'm speaking to, but they have real trouble hearing me. 

The screen randomly freezes when I'm using apps; on other occasions the screen starts jumping around and replying to people's messages and liking posts all on its own.

I sent it back for repair and it's been returned to me today saying they couldn't get into the phone as there's still a password lock. I returned it to factory settings and disabled Find my iPhone before I sent it; does that not disable the password?

I've now had a text saying that it's out of warranty. 

I started the conversation with o2 on Messenger about these problems on 27/11/2023. Do I have any comeback or am I just left with a phone that doesn't work properly unless I pay for a repair?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@MintyFresh 

O2 refurbs have 12 months warranty.

Call them again Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@MintyFresh 

O2 refurbs have 12 months warranty.

Call them again Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2