Did you mean: 

Red flashing light?

Hugo4ever
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

So my mom's Moto E20 is flashing red and just need advice on what it is and how to stop it. 

It started last night was the first time she spotted it and I thought maybe Los battery but she had over 50% left so don't think it's that. 

I took photos that I'll upload but it looks blue I'm the photos but in person it actually is red and it only seems to flash when she moves or holds the phone if she puts it down on a table it will flash once or twice them stops till she picks it up again.

Any help much appreciated her phones not even a year old yet and works fine otherwise.

IMG_20240125_100047724_115259.jpg

IMG_20240125_100149536_115223.jpg

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Hugo4ever I'd contact Motorola directly and ask: Contact Us | Motorola Support UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Hugo4ever 

It's face detection and proximity sensor.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Hugo4ever
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I turn it off because she's never noticed it before and she's worried someone's watching her with it being to do with face detection. She stupidly read stuff saying it can flash when hackers have took over your camera and I'm certain it's not.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Hugo4ever 

It's not possible to hack the camera, or any other aspect of the phone for that matter.

There will be settings to turn off to stop face detection or to switch off the notification light.

It's either always been there and never noticed before or it's due to a setting that has been changed recently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Hugo4ever
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply @MI5  much appreciated. 

She's read articles that say your camera can be hacked but there are things you can do to protect yourself. 

I can't find how to turn the red flashing light off , she's not noticed it before and hasn't changed any settings recently but I need help knowing how to turn the light off 

Message 5 of 10

Bambino
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Hugo4ever
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the links @Bambino  first link couldn't find anything on how to turn off red flashing light and second one I tried to follow what it said but her phone doesn't even have the face lock feature like it says in the link so now I'm confused. 

Is it possible she won't be able to turn it off?

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
  1. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications.

2. Touch Advanced, then turn Blink light on or off

Message 8 of 10

Bambino
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Hugo4ever I'd contact Motorola directly and ask: Contact Us | Motorola Support UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

Hugo4ever
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi blink light is off , I think I'll do what @Bambino  suggest and contact motorola

Message 10 of 10