Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio Stations on Apple Watch

djb2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have taken out an airtime plan for my Apple watch as I would like the opportunity to listen to the radio on my walks without having to take my iPhone with me. I set it up yesterday and it was all up and running pretty quick. I was able to make and receive calls on my watch but when I tried to listen to the "Radioplayer" app  I had no luck at all. The 4 radio stations i Like to listen to are BBC 5 Live, LBC, Talk Radio and Talk Sport. I have no interest in downloading music to my watch or listening to music stations just the radio stations i have listed. Does anybody else have this problem. I do not wish to take out any subscription services. On my iPhone i have no problem listening to "Radioplayer" if this is not possible I presume i would be able to cancel my Airtime plan that I took out yesterday. Any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@djb2 

Try a different app such as TuneIn radio and see if it's a problem specific to Radioplayer.

If so, contact them for help.

In all honesty, if your data on watch is otherwise working, it's unlikely to be an issue with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

djb2
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your advice. I tried Tunein as you suggested but no luck. I think I'll cancel my Airtime plan on my watch and just go back to carrying my iPhone with me when I go for a walk because at least I know it works that way but many thanks for your help

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@djb2 

Are you sure your data is working on watch when away from your phone?

Can you get the radio from the built in apple music app?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

djb2
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried the Apple music app and a few music stations work but there's a lot of stations greyed out which i guess you have to pay for. I can't see the Talk radio stations that I like. It's no hardship to go back to carrying my iPhone with me, at least I know that works.

Thanks for trying

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@djb2 

Just another thought.

• Settings > Music > Mobile / Mobile Data > enable Mobile Data and Streaming.
  • Settings > Mobile / Mobile Data > turn on Radioplayer.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

djb2
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I'd already done that but I was still not able to get the Radio stations that I wanted. I have spoken to O2 and asked them to cancel the Apple Watch contract. The first lady I spoke to I had trouble understanding what she was saying and she put the phone down on me so I rang 202 again and spoke to a gentleman who said he would cancel it for me but that it could take up to 24 hours to do this, so fingers crossed it goes through ok. I wouldn't have thought it should have been so hard to cancel a contract that was less than 24 hours old but hopefully everything should sort itself out

Thank you for your help

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

Best of luck @djb2 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8