Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFI Interference

JohnSaxon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, i am recieving RFI Interference in my radio equipment from a local mast. I operate ham radio and have been trying to track down the interference for some time. Yesterday my signal went out on the mobile and when i checked the service status there was work being done on a local mast (WN5 9RS) whilst this was being done i noticed that the interference i have been getting all this time had drastically reduced. Today, the service status says normal service and the interference is back again now the mast has been fixed. Do i need to report this through Ofcom or can o2 look into the stray RFI that is coming from this mast? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@JohnSaxon 

You need to report it through OfCom, and you also need to report to whoever owns the mast as it can be CTIL or O2, it might be worth investigating the masts in your local area as well, 

To be honest I cant see OfCom or CTIL doing anything...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@JohnSaxon 

You need to report it through OfCom, and you also need to report to whoever owns the mast as it can be CTIL or O2, it might be worth investigating the masts in your local area as well, 

To be honest I cant see OfCom or CTIL doing anything...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@JohnSaxon 

Unfortunately the regulations state we have to accept up to S7 of noise so anything less than not will not be investigated.

I know some hams round here that have OFCOM chasing them for causing issues and are totally uninterested in the interference we have to endure.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3