cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 4G when there is no 5G (iPhone 14 Pro)

Diego1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello O2 Community.

Hope you are well.

I have an iPhone 14 pro and since I joined O2 (and since I gor this phone) I have been having issues with the connection.

When there is 5G, everything is alright, connection is fast and smooth but unfortunately anytime it drops to 4G it feels like the connection is lost. This happened to me several times and it is quite annoying.

Even in events (for example, in the Royal Albert Hall the other day) I did not have connection at all for the whole time (and it said 4G) but everyone around me were using their phones as usual.  

I do not know if it has something to do with the settings on my phone or with O2. 

Hope I explained myself well and hope anyone can help me.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Diego1 

We have a guide here for you to check Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Diego1 

The Royal Albert Hall is a giant faraday cage for mobile phone signals, and it wouldnt surprise me if they are supported by one of the Mobile Networks, who have installed repeaters. 

It could be that your iPhone is latching onto a 5G mast and isnt releasing the connection, hence no data transfer.. 

Did you try rebooting the phone, or putting it in Airplane Mode and then letting it reestablish the network connection?

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Diego1
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has been happening for a long time, since I got the phone so I rebooted the phone a big number of times since then. The Royal Albert Hall was just an example.

My partner has an iPhone (with GiffGaff) and whenever we both have 4G hers works perfectly and mine does not. 

Message 4 of 4