Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with reception of text is

Fat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I have an issue with the reception of text messages. I can use my phone as usual (calls, Internet and send text messages). I can received text messages,  I don't understand why??? I called O2 and they sent me a new sim card and still the same. I've tried other phone and still the same. I have a Samsung A52. If someone can help me please.  Thanks 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Fat 

See guide Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

Galin
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been in the same situation for a month now and I'm tired of having the same conversation with support and being told that they have informed their technical department and every time they say wait a week or ten days. They have a problem that is difficult for them to solve.

Message 3 of 23

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Galin 

Have you reviewed Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) as suggested by @MI5 to @Fat above ? 

Message 4 of 23

Galin
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I reviewed everything described, I made the card, I tried it on five different phones and nothing, the most interesting thing is that it's SMSC number is +447802000332",145 the other card that my wife uses and is also in my name, the SMSC number is +447802000332 which is the normal number and she has no problems, her card works in my phone and receives messages, which means that the problem is not in the phone settings. And in the SMSC number, which I cannot change because it is greyed out.

Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Galin 

You could try resetting your network settings to see if it corrects the entry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 23

Galin
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's what I tried to explain that I have reset them many times, I have switched from O2 to another network and back I changed the SIM card with a new one and when I call 202 there is simply no support from them they just say we will issue a ticket and that's it and every time there is no solution I am technically literate it's just that the problem is not in the phone but in the O2 network.

Message 7 of 23

Galin
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A few years ago I had the same problem with Three mobile they didn't take any action for three months and I ported my numbers to O2 after they migrated the numbers my messages started coming I've been with O2 for 4 or 5 years now and whoop again the same number I don't get any messages but I can I'm sending if they don't solve my problem soon, I've been waiting for a month, the only solution is to change the operator again.

Message 8 of 23

MI5
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Galin 

Just chucking ideas around, but have you got any apps installed that could influence your sms settings?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 23

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Galin 

So just so you know 3 own the number range your number belongs to, and routing needs to be done by them on their backend to allow the SMS to flow to o2. 

It sounds like 3 have removed an entry from a ACL (access control list somewhere) to be forwarded to o2. 

Unfortunately all o2 can do it is log it to the back office team and then get them to raise it to 3 to do work on there side. 

The problem is getting 3 to do this in a timely manner. 

You will get the same problem porting out to a new network, as you are at the mercy of 3.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 23