Did you mean: 

Porting mobile number from Virgin Mobile to O2

The_Referee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon

As a Virgin Media Volt customer I've just renewed my contract with Virgin but the SIM only component has been transferred to O2 as a new contract. I've received my SIM card (already inserted in smartphone) and phoned before 5.00pm on Tuesday 28 February to give O2 my PAC code. I was advised that my old number would be ported by 6.00pm the following day. This has not happened. I can see my old number (the number I wish to retain) in the top left corner of the MyO2 website page but my smartphone is currently not registered with any network and consequently I can't make/receive calls, texts, WhatsApp messages. etc. I've already received my first bill (dated 25-Feb-2023) and am being charged for a service I simply don't have at present. As a high-risk elderly person it's vital for me to have a functioning smartphone at all times. Please can someone from the O2 Tech Team respond to this message asap and help resolve the matter this afternoon. Many thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Bit of a pickle there @The_Referee 

Let's see if @O2Sarah- can help get you back online...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

The_Referee
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Much appreciated from a forum newbie 🙂

Message 3 of 4

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@The_Referee I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 4 of 4