Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in

Disae
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just got a new O2 phone for my wife. It was delivered yesterday and is all set up with the temporary sim from O2. When we ordered it we asked to transfer her old number. Do you know how long that is likely to take?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12144 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

o2 seems to struggle with setting up new accounts and handling PAC at the same time @Disae 

If you have not had a message to the number you want to keep then it might not have registered.

Follow the advice from @MI5 above and either contact customer services, or use the guide to submit the PAC again.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Disae 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12144 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

o2 seems to struggle with setting up new accounts and handling PAC at the same time @Disae 

If you have not had a message to the number you want to keep then it might not have registered.

Follow the advice from @MI5 above and either contact customer services, or use the guide to submit the PAC again.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 9

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to get the port started @Disae?

Message 4 of 9

Disae
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Breanna wrote:

Were you able to get the port started @Disae?

Yes thanks but we had to request it again as the original request at the time we ordered was not picked up. It seems to be in process today

Message 5 of 9

Disae
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I tried tweeting them two days ago but no response. I put in the request again on Tuesday via the online form and it now seems to be in process today.  Phone has transferred so far but not texts. 

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Disae 

Texts are always the last thing to work after a port.

Just keep rebooting until they work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Disae
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the reassurance. Texts have just started after rebooting again. 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

Good news @Disae 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9