cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported to o2 two weeks ago, haven't been able to receive calls or texts - PLEASE HELP

Be_Kind
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I really really need someone to help me.  Since porting over to o2, I've had such a terrible experience I wish I never left Vodafone.  I am using an iphone 6S.  

I ported over on the 17/10, and since then I haven't been able to receive any calls or texts messages.  I've lost count of the amount of times I have called about this issue, I must easily be into double digits. 

Advisors have ordered new sim cards, nothing turns up, I then go to an o2 shop who give me a new sim card, but I'm still experiencing the same issues.  I then call back up, go through trouble shooting, where the advisor asks me to sign out of icloud, reset network settings etc, which I do, but the problem is still there.

A ticket gets raised and I'm told a resolution will be found in 48 hours.  I call back after this time, no evidence of the ticket.  A new ticket is raised, again told to wait 48 hours.  Ring back in 48 hours, no news, then I'm told it was never 48 hours, its 5 working days, sorry. Ticket raised again.  Ring back after 5 working days, only to be told today, its 7-10 working days.  I am really really at my wits end with this.

It really feels like the advisors are making it up as they go along.  One even told me that they have been ringing me and texting me to get in touch about the issue, which simply isn't true as I cannot receive any calls or texts.  I have provided an alternative number for them to get in touch but nobody has.  I literally feel like I'm being mugged off.  

As the advisor asked me to sign out of icloud, I now cannot sign back in.  Why?  Because it texts a code to your phone, and part of the issue I'm having is that I can't receive any texts.  So I have no contacts and can't recognize any numbers to dial out.  I also can't do any banking as that also relies on sending me a code via text.  

I hope I'm not coming across as being dramatic here, but this is really effecting my mental health.  I've been in a good place recently, but this issue and the way I have been treated has really put me in a dark place.  I just need someone to take ownership of the issue and get it sorted out.  I really rely on my phone and I am so isolated without it.  I'm sure people have been trying to text me and it must look like I am ignoring them when the reality is I haven't been able to receive their message in the first place.  

I at least have the ability to ring out and text out, but can't receive any calls or texts.  Can someone please help.

I have two ticket numbers raised for this (not sure why 2 tickets have been raised).  I have asked to speak to a manager several times and everytime someone fills out a form saying that I will be contacted within 24 hours and then nobody calls.  

I really do not know which was to turn.  It feels like nobody is listening to my issue.

My ticket numbers are:

CIT-A021567 raised on the 25/10 to the CCMT group

CIT-A021957 raised on the 27/10 to the Guru team

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6792 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Dave-O2 Any update?

@Be_Kind_X You may wish at this stage to raise a formal complaint

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

As well as going via the formal route you can also try Resolver, part way down that page

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 15

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 690 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hey @Enlli, this is still being investigated, I've also been in contact with @Be_Kind_X 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 12 of 15

Be_Kind_X
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Dave, 

Did you receive my last two messages?  Keep getting error messages that my limit for private messages has been reached.

I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS

Message 13 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

@Dave-O2 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 15

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 690 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Yes, I've responded to your latest PM @Be_Kind_X@gmarkj 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 15 of 15