Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port numbers between o2 contracts

Paulmck
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cancelled my o2 contract to shop around for the new best deal on a new iPhone. I got my PAC code from them in anticipation of the move.

A few weeks later I ended up finding a good deal that ended up being back on o2. As I was wanting to retain my number on my new phone but it was with o2 the pac code system doesn’t work. 

So when I got my nice new phone and contacted o2 on 12/12/23 to port my old number that I wanted to keep onto the new phone/sim. 

24 hours later they ported the number that was on the new phone/sim onto my old phone/sim. The new phone/sim now has no number linked to it. 

I rang them and informed them of this on 13/12/23 they said they would sort it in 48hrs. 

I rang them on 15/12/23 as it wasn’t sorted. They said they would sort it in 24hrs. 
I rang them on 19/12/23 and they said they would look into it. They tried to transfer me to a different department but I got cut off. 

The PAC code for my original number ran out on 16/12/23 so I can’t even port it across onto a random SIM then into my o2 sim. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 4

Paulmck
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve contacted them 4 times now and it’s still not been sorted 😔

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Paulmck 

You need to keep trying. Two suggestions :-

1. try 'phoning Customer Service soon after 8.00am. That maximises your chance of going through to a UK call centre, and they tend to have more experienced staff. 

2. give social media a try - you might need to send one or two reminders but they should respond within a day or so. The contact details are on @jonsie's footer or are in Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please keep us informed of developments. 

Message 4 of 4