Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal

NeilS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When at our holiday home the signal is pathetic! When checking signal status with My Network there is a warning that network can get busy in the area but O2 is working on it!! This warning has been given for at least the last 12 months so O2 is obviously not working on it. I have an unlimited sim as part of Virgin Volt in a mobile router with a wifi antenna. I  feel utterly conned as I am unable to stream Netflix, Prime and BBC Iplayer in the evening. Would be ok if streaming at 0600!! Iphone unlimited sim the same when tethering to smart tv.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Quite common in some areas, O2 is over subscribed.

As O2 have noted the problem working on it may not be a simple fix, especially if new infrastructure is requred which will need planning permission, or new fiber cabling that could include digging up roads.

If it really is a problem I would try PAYG SIM cards from other networks to try at home and in your holiday destination to see which works best before committing yourself.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

In such circumstances, stepping from 4G down to 3G can improve download speeds. The only other advice I can offer is to download and set up the O2 My Network app in a phone that uses an O2 sim - it reports back to O2: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Failing that, check other carriers out, but get a PAYG SIM to check quoted speeds vs actual speeds before switching from O2 to your chosen carrier. Good luck, @NeilS.

Or go to the campsite or holiday home staple: Monopoly, Scrabble and a couple of packs of playing cards 😉

Message 3 of 3