Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor phone reception since upgrading handset to iPhone 13 pro

Bilbo_uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I recently upgraded from an iPhone 12 Pro to and iPhone 13 pro and have noticed a drop in the quality of service received from the o2 network. Previously my phone would pick up a 4/5g signal without issue and I’d rarely loose reception. However with the new phone which I understand to support more 5G bands - the phone often struggles to pick up a 4/5G signal and often even struggles to support calls/data over a 3G connection. I took the sim from my old phone - so surprised to see such a difference and wondered if anybody else had similar experiences or could offer a potential solution? Do I need a new sim? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Bilbo_uk 

I would contact customer services to request a new sim card, as the first option.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Bilbo_uk 

I would contact customer services to request a new sim card, as the first option.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

EvoRov
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exact same issue here, though I have moved to o2 with an iPhone 13 pro and my wife has an iPhone 12 on o2. I get constant issues which I think are it hunting different 3/4/5g masts. No idea but so much worse than my wife’s signal. 

Message 3 of 3