Did you mean: 

Poor Signal

MissMassMoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

We have never had brilliant signal at our house - we can only make phone calls on one side of our house or right at the top of the garden, and even then it is not always reliable. This has never really worried us as we enjoyed the peace.

However, we had to call for the emergency services last week for one of our young daughters. One of us ended up at the top of the garden on the phone and passing the information onto the other by shouting through a bedroom window. Not ideal.

This then got us worrying how we would handle this if only one of us was present in a situation like that, and began looking at solutions:

1) WiFi calling - we are both on PAYG and do not want to go onto a contract - we do not have WiFi calling as an option on our devices as we did not buy our phones from o2. Neither of us need a new phone at present, but have looked at getting o2 firmware. We know the risks of doing this ourselves, but are unsure if this will actually work.

2) BoostBox - my local friend mentioned she got a BoostBox but from what I have read, these arent avaliable to the general public?

3) Landline - if we didnt need to occasionally receive security codes by text, we wouldve already done this, but it may be our best option. 

Are there any other options we have not considered? Does anyone have any more info on the above options that we may not have considered?

Any help would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6622 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Boost boxes are no longer supplied since WiFi Calling has basically made them obsolete.

As you are PAYG and not tied in I would recommend trying PAYG SIM cards from other networks to see which works best for you.

You can then use a PAC code to transfer your number to that network. You will then receive your codes there.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2