Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, iPhone and watch.

mjh12345
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pasted below is a copy of an email sent to complaints on the 17th of May and as yet no response. I am sooooo (choose expletive) annoyed with this situation. Soon another month will have gone by, another £5 additional charges and another month not being able to access the service in paying for SINCE FEBRUARY!!!!

Feb 2023 bought Apple watch from you guys and stated that I already had a watch and contract. I did not need 2 contracts as the old watch had expired so either take over the old contract or give me a new contract with the new phone. I only want to end up with one contract.

One month later I see I am being billed for 2 contracts and I complain to 202.At this point I thought that everything was ok and dealt with. I spoke to several people and they want to know numbers (I can't remember) from the watch that I cannot supply although I have the box and all available information.

Everything seems ok for another month and i realise that there is a connectivity problem so I call 202. The numbers requested above were again asked for but I could not supply even though I have all of the information supplied. At this point I'm speaking with someone whose first language is not English and it seems that there is a problem here in staff training because I was told that I need an eSim although this is NOT the case with apple. An eSim was sent but I tried to follow the instructions but it was obvious that it was not possible. I still have 2 contracts at this point.

At some point I speak to a gentleman about cancelling one of the contracts and he asks which one? Well to me it's kind of obvious that it's the one that is not using data that needs to be cancelled but I've no way of telling which is connected to the watch so I let him do his job but in the end I think it was just a guess and I'm not sure that it was actually done anyway.

Time passes and now I'm getting slightly upset with the situation so I telephone my local O2 shop and they tell me to come in and whilst there I'm told that the eSim is not required and within 5 minutes everything is OK.

Before today i have seen that on the top right of my Apple phone that I have an ascending triangle (normal) for phone signal and beneath that I have 4 dots which I had always assumed was for the watch, these were always greyed out. If I pull down the rh side of the phone so that I can see the information screen it shows the normal (Primary) ascending triangle as functioning with a signal but below that are the 4 dots for the watch (Mobile Data??) and these are greyed out and No Service is shown. I'm pretty sure it has always been this way but i guess it would need a data check on the contract (which watch contract???) to find out.

Today I tried to make a call whilst outside of the range of my telephone and i realise that I cannot so I get back within range and everything is OK. This leads me down an internet rabbit hole again and I'm sent to MyO2 to link/manage my watch (where you can actually do nothing). I now see that I still have the original contract, Sync 2 has disappeared but I now have a Sync 3.

I would like this resolved as easily and quickly as possible please.
To solve this I would like;

A fully connected watch.
One watch contract.
A full refund of the periods of which I have been charged for 2 or more simultaneous contracts barring any contractual overlap from the first contract.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

I will ask an O2 advisor to look into this for you. She won't be on until tomorrow morning and will send you a Private Message through this page. Look for the envelope icon top right.

@O2Sarah- can you please assist @mjh12345?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@mjh12345 I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 4

mjh12345
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I was expecting to be notified via email when I’d received messages. Thank you for your help. 

Message 4 of 4