Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working abroad

Debsg86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We're currently on holiday in Italy & my husband's phone isn't working at all.

He can't receive texts, or receive or make calls, however can receive texts.

I've already been through some of the help & so tried switching from automatic to manual network connection (didn't work), airplane mode on & off (didn't work), mobile roaming switched on (didn't work). All while also switching the phone or and on.

We even phoned customer services today & spoke to someone who, at the time, seemed to resolve things and he was able to send a text (TRAVELON) to get travel allowances. However it's stopped working again & I'm at a loss as to what to do now.

He has a pay as you go iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

You will be lucky to make calls in Italy 3G has closed down so you need 4G Calling and that is not available on PAYG

Sadly, getting the fact over to O2 that they need to update their roaming advice for PAYG seems to have fallen on deaf ears. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Debsg86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the response.

I wasn't aware this could be the issue. Do you know if this is something that's just an O2 issue or will it be the same with other providers? 

He wants to keep the PAYG but would really like to be able to use the phone when we go abroad & if this option isn't available through O2 then we might as well go somewhere else if we can.

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Something you would have to check with other providers, Some do and aome don't. Also many don't offer any sort of free EU roaming

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4