Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone fault

Pixie-unicorn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Within days of receiving my phone I had trouble, with the number duplicating calls and texts and not receiving all my messages, and people not receiving mine etc. I did a factory reset within days, which did not solve the problem. I then phoned the carphone warehouse tech support who advised it must be the SIM card. A new one was sent out and this solved the problem for about 48hrs before it restarted. I attended carphone warehouse who visually seen the non stop missed calls with no attached number coming through and how it was duplicating calls. They attempted to plug the phone into their system and it wasn't reading properly so they replaced the handset. I waited for the handset and went in to collect it. Again the problem stopped for about 48hrs. On the 14th February I attended carphone warehouse again who advised I got my number changed. I phoned within the store and there was even an issue during the call. My number wasn't showing as mine and it was ending 120 and mine at the times ended 602. She proceeded to send texts whilst I was on the phone which confirmed I wasn't receiving them. My number was switched and in store carphone warehouse placed a credit on my account due to the issues. After the number was changed it was fine for about 7days and I slowly started updating my number with contacts etc. Then the fault started again. I attended carphone warehouse again and they said it is an O2 issue and to take it up with yourselves as it is definitely not the handset as had been replaced. I tried to phone O2 with no joy. I am also now getting errors over my IP address when on mobile data. My phone has also lost contacts and texts messages just disappear again. It is still duplicating calls, I will get a call coming in and it shows with a contact name and then the full number as if it isn't a saved contact for each call I get. I have halted giving my new number out now due to this issue and have had to use my daughters or the landline as it is an ongoing issue I'm awaiting to resolve. It is a very annoying problem and O2 either seem unable to rectify it or don't appreciate what is happening. I also keep having on my Google most used site suggestions a load of things that don't have any relevance to me like ESPN.com, Facebook, Instagram. None of which I use or desire to use. I keep showing as logged in to two devices for Google, email etc. My actual device and an android mobile where location keeps changing etc. I have screenshots of all these errors. It is frustrating that no one seems willing to help. I'm at the point of wanting to get this contract terminated and going mobile phone free
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Pixie-unicorn 

I suggest you return it https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-policy 

Numbers to contact O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

O2Faisal
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Pixie-unicorn Sorry to hear you are having some major issues by the sounds of it. As far as returning the phone if it was acarphone warehouse purchase then they need to return the handset. When you took out the contract with Carphone, was it an upgrade of your numner or did they set you up with a new number and cacn you tell me what your old phone was and what your new phone is.

@Pixie-unicorn wrote:
Within days of receiving my phone I had trouble, with the number duplicating calls and texts and not receiving all my messages, and people not receiving mine etc. I did a factory reset within days, which did not solve the problem. I then phoned the carphone warehouse tech support who advised it must be the SIM card. A new one was sent out and this solved the problem for about 48hrs before it restarted. I attended carphone warehouse who visually seen the non stop missed calls with no attached number coming through and how it was duplicating calls. They attempted to plug the phone into their system and it wasn't reading properly so they replaced the handset. I waited for the handset and went in to collect it. Again the problem stopped for about 48hrs. On the 14th February I attended carphone warehouse again who advised I got my number changed. I phoned within the store and there was even an issue during the call. My number wasn't showing as mine and it was ending 120 and mine at the times ended 602. She proceeded to send texts whilst I was on the phone which confirmed I wasn't receiving them. My number was switched and in store carphone warehouse placed a credit on my account due to the issues. After the number was changed it was fine for about 7days and I slowly started updating my number with contacts etc. Then the fault started again. I attended carphone warehouse again and they said it is an O2 issue and to take it up with yourselves as it is definitely not the handset as had been replaced. I tried to phone O2 with no joy. I am also now getting errors over my IP address when on mobile data. My phone has also lost contacts and texts messages just disappear again. It is still duplicating calls, I will get a call coming in and it shows with a contact name and then the full number as if it isn't a saved contact for each call I get. I have halted giving my new number out now due to this issue and have had to use my daughters or the landline as it is an ongoing issue I'm awaiting to resolve. It is a very annoying problem and O2 either seem unable to rectify it or don't appreciate what is happening. I also keep having on my Google most used site suggestions a load of things that don't have any relevance to me like ESPN.com, Facebook, Instagram. None of which I use or desire to use. I keep showing as logged in to two devices for Google, email etc. My actual device and an android mobile where location keeps changing etc. I have screenshots of all these errors. It is frustrating that no one seems willing to help. I'm at the point of wanting to get this contract terminated and going mobile phone free

signature
Message 3 of 4

Pixie-unicorn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Dear O2 support,

I went back to carphone warehouse in February and they said it was an O2 problem as it is clearly the number or account etc as they had already replaced the handset. O2 don't seem to want to acknowledge the issue. I officially complained yesterday as I'm getting sent from pillar to post. My complaint reference number is 4821973. I appreciate this is strange problem.

On top of the issues highligted earlier, I don't know if this is of any help or if it is even relevant. However, in the phone system info it says my phone number is unknown, my IP address is one which when you Google it says, private unknown organisation, and my error message when my internet gets blocked because of 'unusual traffic' from my IP address, is the O2 IP address.
My contacts when I get a missed call show as the named contact and then for the same missed call it also lists it as though it is not a saved contact etc. I sign out of the Extra device that shows on my email or Google and then sign myself out. However when I sign back in, I'm back on two devices.

I am reluctant to just put up with it acting up like this. Any help on this would be appreciated 🙂
Message 4 of 4