PHONE WITHOUT SERVICE

Victoria4x57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago my sim card was stolen from my

phone (it’s a long story but basically it was done to try and commit fraud against me as they used my phone number to reset passwords and gain access to my accounts as I received some emails that provided evidence for this) so I rang o2 and had the number blocked. My new sim card arrived and it was unable to connect to service. I reported this and they said it was a faulty sim and sent me a new one. The new sim card received service for around 6(?) hours before it cut out and said no service again. Since then I have had multiple conversations with o2 agents who basically have no clue what to do. I was told that when I reported my sim card missing, the agent blocked my device as well. Since then, I have had it unblocked twice, on the 13th December and the 18th December, so I know this is not the issue. I was then told by an o2 agent that I should contact Apple as sometimes there are technical difficulties with devices being unblocked. I then spoke to Apple, who said that basically it was nothing to do with them and that it is solely o2 who can manage device blocks. I have done everything o2 have told me to - waited 24 hour periods, factory reset my phone, network reset my phone, been on aeroplane mode, turned the phone off and on - I have done literally everything - yet my phone still has no service. In my settings app on my Iphone 12 pro max device, it states in the about section that my network is ‘unavailable’. When I press this, it shows a white screen with the words ‘Phone not allowed’. Nothing else. 

This is growing increasingly frustrating as I cannot take important phone calls etc that I am expecting with no way to provide an explanation to the caller as I have no way to contact them without a sim card. I am growing increasingly frustrated each time I speak to someone about getting help. Does anyone have ANY idea on what to do? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

It all sounds like a bit of a nightmare, @Victoria4x57 - not uncommon at the moment, sadly.

I'll Tag in an O2 Account advisor, @O2Lisa - they are on today from 9am, she will ask for more info from you and hopefully you'll be back up and running before long.

Other numbers here are available from about 08:15, although the bank holiday today may mean you still have a wait, if you want to start again with O2 Customer Services: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support before then - my advice would be to wait for @O2Lisa.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 7

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @pgn, hope you had a lovely new year.

So sorry to hear this @Victoria4x57, I'll message you privately and get this sorted for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thank you, Lisa - a Happy New Year to you too.

Message 4 of 7

Loz333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue, phone lost signal 5 days ago been to O2 3 times given new SIM cards which work in other phones but not in mine, been to apple who said nothing is wrong with the phone it’s a carrier issue. O2 say there is no block or anything so no one seems to know what’s going on! I was on the phone to them an hour and half today to be hung up on.. I only upgraded a month ago and now left with a phone without signal! Did you get yours fixed?

Message 5 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6266 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

@Loz333 If you are asking @Victoria4x57 I've tagged them here. But the original post was over 2 years ago so we presume things were sorted in the end

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 7

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Have O2 provisioned your SIM to work in an iPhone, @Victoria4x57 ?

They should enable the idata bolt-on for you (we see this sometimes when people move from Android to iPhone). The Guide: O2 BARs will help, as your MyO2 now lets you add and remove bars yourself.

https://accounts.o2.co.uk/signin

1000016430.png

1000016431.png

Message 7 of 7