PAC code transfer into O2 does not work

AndrewOD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I joined O2 last Monday 22nd May 2023.

Since then I have tried to port my number from my old network (Tesco) many times and it never works.

I have spoken to customer services 6 times and every time they fill out this form and nothing happens. Sometimes they even promise to call me back to check it worked - no one calls. Other times I am placed on hold and then the line is dropped and no call back despite me just giving my contact details.

Tesco have confirmed the PAC transfer worked from their side and there is nothing more they can do. The Tesco SIM does not work now so I cannot go back. So my number is now lost in the O2 world and I don't know how to get it back. I tried restarting my phone lots of times.

Does anyone know how to solve this one - customer support don't seem to know how to solve it and just keeps filling out this PAC transfer form with lots of promises which doesn't work. It's a big waste of my time.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6779 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

All too frequent at the moment. 

I'll tag our advisor @O2Sarah- to see if she can shed some light on this

She will message you here

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6779 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

All too frequent at the moment. 

I'll tag our advisor @O2Sarah- to see if she can shed some light on this

She will message you here

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10282 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@AndrewOD 

It sounds like a split port. And will need to go to o2's porting back office, and to tesco mobile to resolve

@O2Sarah- can you help the Op at all.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 7

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tags @madasaf1sh  and @Enlli  😊

@AndrewOD I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 4 of 7

Jake95
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Enlli, has this been resolved for you?

Message 5 of 7

Vivienne1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is exactly what's happening to me. It's driving me mad. A whole week has gone by and nothing has happened. I have spoken to 7 people (who have gone to ask someone else) and had no luck.I have had to wait ages for the phone to be answered and have often been cut off and only one person rang me back. I went to a shop yesterday and the lady was lovely. I have a new phone, a temporary number and we both felt this would solve it. But it hasn't. I'm going to have to go back to the shop as trying to sort anything out on-line is totally impossible. I experienced a very high level of incompetence. I have recently had two total knee replacements and staggering through a wretched shopping mall to reach the shop, is not easy!!! The company I am trying to switch from are even more useless than o2.

Message 6 of 7

Vivienne1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh for goodness sake! It's my first time posting on here. I've just had 2 notifications. Apparently I've just earnt my "First Words" badge! And then my "Let's be friends" badge!!! What the hell is this about? I'm nearly 70, not 3! How about an "o2 has resolved your problem" badge.

Message 7 of 7