Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing voice calls from Samsung10+

KEB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a consistent problem with outgoing voice transmission on my phone, its intermittent but when I make or recieve a call people on the other end can either not hear me at all or its completely garbled 'dialek speech'.

The issue started some months ago (using an S9), having just changed to a S10+ the issue persists. The S9 went back to Samsung to be checked on the advice of my local O2 shop, it was sent back with no problems found.

Wifi, internet, text, roaming and call receipt all work perfectly (although quite frequently people cannot hear my responses). We have other O2 phones which work perfectly with their own SIMs, I have switched my Sim into these phones and the problem then appears on these phones. To me it looks like there is an issue with the network setting for my number, by testing the other phones in exactly the same place as I get the issue we have pretty much elimiated issues of coverage and actual device.

Anyone else experienced anything simular?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145028 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@KEB 

Have you tried a new SIM card for your number?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

KEB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks,

Yes, I had a new Sim sent to me with the S10+, I did check the old in the new phone before swapping to the new one and the problem persists with new sim.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 145028 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@KEB 

Yes it that case it seems you have checked everything you can so you'll need to call customer service and ask them to reprovision your number on the network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

KEB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the response, just been using online chat with customer service, they are sending out yet another new SIM card so we'll see how that goes.

Message 5 of 7

KEB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

2nd new Sim card in a week inserted and number reprovisioned - phone now working properly at last.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 145028 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Good to hear @KEB thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7