Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound emails not being delivered - perhaps being marked as 'SPAM'

bunzena
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - need some help and advice on a problem that's proving hard to solve.

Have been sending emails from an iPhone and a PC [using Outlook 2016] via mobile broadband.  Use a data SIM.  A number of those emails [some to clients] are not being delivered. 

There's no clear pattern to those that are and aren't delivered.  Failed delivery could be to addresses at a commercial/business domain - or it could be **Personal info**.

The best explanation I can find is that the O2 IP is being flagged on a blacklist as a generator of SPAM.  Using Spamhaus and feeding in the O2 IP - shows it up as 'flagged' on a number of blacklists.

If I reboot the phone [or the router] and get a new IP asigned - this inevitably has the same problem.

All the IPs I've had asigned are in the 82.13.XXX.XXX range.

We've checked ALL our settings and all of the tech - but no joy.  We've had long convesrations with our domain host about whether it's an issue at their end - and they've investigated extensively.

In comparison - if I send the same email to the same address using BT Broadband - the email gets through.  

Frankly it's driving me completely nuts.  Any thoughts?  Anyone else had the same issues?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@bunzena 

It's a known issue that has been reported already.

@O2Emma is looking into it for us.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

bunzena
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - really good to know!

Sorry - didn't spot this had already been picked up on the forums.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No worries @bunzena 

Keep your eye on this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/My-O2/ip-address-blacklist/td-p/1409395

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 

@bunzena please keep a eye on other thread as soon as I get any information I will post it grin

In the mean-time if you can use your email providers app.

signature
Message 5 of 5