Did you mean: 

Ongoing poor service - what to do?

OfFrustration
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My area is suffering with ongoing issues with a local mast - signal strength is a single bar, calls drop/don’t connect etc. This is the same within my house and outside; I have enabled wifi calling, but the issues still persist - ultimately, I’m paying for a mobile phone service, not a contract that enables IP telephony. Text messages are delayed, some “go missing”.

The issues have been going on for months (if pushed I’d have to guess it is over a year), although I only discovered it was an actual issue (rather than a coverage issue) when I upgraded at the end of Feb ‘23, when the service rep’ stated that there was an issue with the mast. 
I reported it on 1st March, and had a couple of updates stating that O2 we’re having issues accessing the mast.

20th April, O2 messaged to say it had been fixed. Although there is no improvement to service or signal strength.

I’ve checked again and reported it, O2 state that there is a problem with the local mast.

is there any means of getting the service that was sold to me, or am I left with moving networks as the only answer?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36507 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

Before you move network, get a PAYG SIM from each of the other alternatives and test it out, @OfFrustration 

Meanwhile, take a look at this - and set it up (it needs a different username and password from your normal MyO2 or Community Forum credential): https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Or try a separate app, like Network Cell Info Lite, which can be set up to continuously monitor and report areas of poor or no signal back to a central monitoring organisation.

Guides here: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? and Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

And no mobile provider guarantees 100% coverage 100% of the time, as repairs can take months to co-ordinate and implement if a mast is on private land.

And Guide: Cancelling Your Contract here if you need it.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36507 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

Before you move network, get a PAYG SIM from each of the other alternatives and test it out, @OfFrustration 

Meanwhile, take a look at this - and set it up (it needs a different username and password from your normal MyO2 or Community Forum credential): https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Or try a separate app, like Network Cell Info Lite, which can be set up to continuously monitor and report areas of poor or no signal back to a central monitoring organisation.

Guides here: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? and Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

And no mobile provider guarantees 100% coverage 100% of the time, as repairs can take months to co-ordinate and implement if a mast is on private land.

And Guide: Cancelling Your Contract here if you need it.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

Kenny08
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

02 are refusing to provide service that they should. Under their terms and conditions if service deteriorates you are allowed to leave without an early termination fee, however they are ignoring this part of their contract with customers, they make it a nightmare to get a hold of any and refuse to allow anyone to leave unless they pay a termination fee, try and deadlock letter, they make you wait at least a month if they actually do anything , then they just keep ignoring people

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Kenny08 Is your post about you or are you trying to give advice to @OfFrustration ?

Little we can do here other than the advice given as this is not O2 but a customer to customer forum 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6384 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Kenny08 

I don't think that you simply ask for a deadlock letter. You have to make a formal complaint to O2 and give them the opportunity to respond to you satisfaction. If you are not satisfied, you can ask for a deadlock letter or after a period of 56 days has elapsed, move forward without it. This is all described in :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

It is important that you carefully follow these procedures otherwise you will not achieve a resolution. You also need to be clear as to what outcome you want, as network issues are subject to many "ifs and buts", with the T&Cs of service being heavily weighted in O2's favour.

Message 5 of 5