Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus Nord and WiFi compatibility

jw81190
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have a vodaphone sim but it does doesn't give me wifi calling access on my One Plus Nord. Is Nord compatible with O2 WiFi Calling?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Unfortunately there's nothing I can add to this conversation I'm afraid, other than confirming a few things some of you may already know.

Typically, O2 don't test or approve software updates for handsets that have never been ranged by us, so in the case of the OnePlus Nord - Wifi Calling might work on it, but as we haven't tested these devices, we're unable to confirm for sure one way or the other. If the functionality does work, but you have issues with it, it wouldn't be something we'd be able to support with either unfortunately as we don't have any internal processes or support for this device.

Sorry it's not more positive news or info I can share on this one.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Doesn't look like the OnePlus Nord is on O2's supported list of OnePlus phones for this yet, @jw81190 :

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling

This could change, though - keep an eye on the list at the URL above.

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Only @Chris_K  would really know

Choose a network that definitely supports the phone

Maybe EE

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@jw81190

It looks like OnePlus are upto their tricks again with o2 compatibility.
For now.. 5G doesnt work again....
Be very aware that OnePlus will remove o2 functionality in upcoming firmware updates without warning...

I would check here: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/nord-compatible-with-o2-uk-volte-and-vowifi.1262649/

As some people have got it working.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Unfortunately there's nothing I can add to this conversation I'm afraid, other than confirming a few things some of you may already know.

Typically, O2 don't test or approve software updates for handsets that have never been ranged by us, so in the case of the OnePlus Nord - Wifi Calling might work on it, but as we haven't tested these devices, we're unable to confirm for sure one way or the other. If the functionality does work, but you have issues with it, it wouldn't be something we'd be able to support with either unfortunately as we don't have any internal processes or support for this device.

Sorry it's not more positive news or info I can share on this one.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 5 of 5