Did you mean: 

OTP/OTAC messages not being received

AS2023
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I recently ported my number to O2. It’s been over 24 hours since the port & everything looks ok on my device. Although annoyingly I was told I’d get a text before the move and I didn’t get anything. My old phone with my previously provider just stopped working and the number appeared on my new O2 sim.

ive reset my network settings. Checked my device settings to make sure the numbers updated. I’ve restarted my device more than once. Leaving 15 minute periods. 

ive tried to resolve the issue by reading some of the articles on the community site. I’ve tried to call and use live chat. 

The last live chat message I got told my it’s a mast problem although I have nearly full strength signal and I’m receiving emails, calls and other notifications on my device.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that can help fix my issue?

im not receiving OTPs from a few of my banks and HMRC. 

I never had this issue with EE 😂

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@AS2023 

They have missed the porting files for OTP's

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

AS2023
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried live chat again and seem to be getting somewhere… hopefully they will be able to fix it this time! 

Message 3 of 8

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were they able to get this sorted for you @AS2023?

Message 4 of 8

AS2023
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Breanna, unfortunately not. I ended up speaking with a floor supervisor or manager on your live chat yesterday. They said they’d reset some settings on their end but I’m still having the same issue today. I’ve made sure the number is correct in my settings. Reset the network settings on the device. Turned off the device for 15 minutes and restarted it. I’m not sure what else I can do 😂

Message 5 of 8

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Contacting on social media is often more effective than using the live chat. Have you reached out on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter?

Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@AS2023 

Resetting isn't going to help at all.

O2 need to obtain another set of porting files to complete the process for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

AS2023
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve tried. I was told to wait a week. Doesn’t really help me 😂

Message 8 of 8