Did you mean: 

O2s system problem took out my internet and can't get through to support

Megamathecian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear community,

Recently, O2 had a hiccup where they charged me £50 for using roaming data that was included in my plan. After half an hour on the chat, and plenty of problems getting through, this was fixed by crediting my account.

Now, presumably due to another system hiccup, that credit has disappeared from my account and my £50 spend limit has taken out my data connection. And I mean my UK data connection which has 30GB of days remaining on it. 

This would probably be fixed promptly by anyone in tech support, but after a day of trying, I can't get through on phone or chat via the app.

Does anyone have any advice other than change network? What sort of compensation should I be entitled to?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Megamathecian 

All contact methods here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Compensation is at the discretion of O2 and not guaranteed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@Megamathecian 

o2 crediting back to your account, will only happen on your billing date, and it will show (should) in myo2.. 

We can only advise to ring o2 in the morning they open at 8am and speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217 as it could be something else to do with your account. 

O2 wont compensate you, and you are not entitled to any, but you can always ask for a gesture of goodwill.. 

If you want to cancel you will have to pay off your device plan or minimum term, and the details are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  

And no network if perfect, and they all balls up....

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

@Megamathecian 

And no network if perfect, and they all balls up....

Always interesting to look at the Community forums of the other mobile network operators in order to see what the week's trending screw-ups are.

For example, one UK network seems to have big issues in supplying customers with packaging and returns' labels when kit is to be returned within the thirty-day "cooling-off" period. 🤣  

Message 4 of 4