cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 port from Vodafone, nearly 2 weeks without incoming calls and any sms functionality

Charliejg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I’ve seen many posts on this subject, and this is my last ditch attempt for help given the response I’ve had from online chat and customer service.

I ported my number across over a week and a half ago and lost the ability to make calls send messages etc. iMessage can’t activate etc. I’ve done numeracy factory resets, checked my number, reinserted the sim… you name it I’ve tried it and still nothing. I was promised 4 days ago that the porting team were looking at it. On 2 occasions I’ve been told it will be resolved within 24 hrs and on the final conversation I was told 4! I’ve provided an alternative mobile number so I could receive a much anticipated call back. Again… no call back. 

im at the point of terminating my contract and going back to Vodafone. After doing some reading I assume a port split has happened…

any help gratefully received!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

A split port seems likely, assuming iData is active on your account (O2 CS need to do this, they often forget!)... Unfortunately, O2 Advisors here on the Forum only work Mon thru Sat, so you are either going to have to take it up with CS again today, or wait until 8am Monday, when @O2Sarah- is back on duty again, @Charliejg. You will get a Private Message here from her on Monday morning. Good luck!

Message 2 of 14

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Took them nearly 4 weeks to sort mine. Good luck.

Message 3 of 14

Denzil2321
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 53 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi there @Charliejg  it took me when my number transfered over from my current provider about 48 hours then i had problem so i phoned cs about this and thay sorted it hope thay do for you too

Message 4 of 14

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Charliejg I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 5 of 14

Charliejg
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all! Now 3 weeks in and no resolution… @O2Sarah- any updates? 

Message 6 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Charliejg wrote:

Thanks all! Now 3 weeks in and no resolution… @O2Sarah- any updates? 

O2Sarah- is not in today, @Charliejg - but it seems @O2Emma is doing a marathon shift, perhaps you can get this progressed with her help. Good luck - watch out for the Private Message.

Message 7 of 14

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Afternoon @pgn I am doing a o2 community marathon today lol I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Charliejg I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 8 of 14

Jake95
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did they fix this for you?

Message 9 of 14

Irnbru
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics