Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 mobile data Weymouth and Dorchester

bstirling
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I am a long standing O2 customer and have just moved to Weymouth and I am discovering that the mobile data is very

poor. Phone shows 2-4 bars of 4 g generally so you’d expect it to be fine but it’s terrible. I am regularly getting <1 meg download (upload is fine).  Apparently this is due to traffic but if it’s like this now, what will it be like in the holiday season when the towns population increases massively due to holidaymakers. Signal also very poor in Dorchester. Other networks (eg Vodafone) seem fine. Is there an issue with the network in this part of the country?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6806 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

On O2 status page Weymouth is coming up as an area of congestion. When that happens data speed suffers. Often switching to 3G gives better speed

Have a look at these guides and see if anything helps

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Download the My Network App and keep reporting. That way you will have a log of your problems 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6806 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

On O2 status page Weymouth is coming up as an area of congestion. When that happens data speed suffers. Often switching to 3G gives better speed

Have a look at these guides and see if anything helps

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Download the My Network App and keep reporting. That way you will have a log of your problems 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2