Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 messed up my PAC transfer and I am melting down

HelpNeededDespe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello! After 3's network issues in February I decided to switch from a 3 Contract to O2 Pay as You Go. I popped in the Sim on Tuesday and filled in the form to transfer my PAC. When it didn't happen on Wednesday I submitted the form again. Finally, I called on Thursday to find out what was happening and after getting an EXTREMELY rude customer service agent, I was told that the PAC was locked and I needed to contact Three and to them call O2 back and they'd do the PAC then.

I called Three who convinced me at that moment to stay and also highlighted that the PAC was not in fact locked. So I signed up for a new Three contract and called O2 back to ask them to cancel the PAC transfer. I was put on hold for 15 minutes, the call dropped 3 times and finally got through to someone who said that they were going to disable my O2 number so that the PAC would bounce back. I thought all was resolved.

I just got a text from Three saying that my phone number has been disconnected and I now owe them £350 due to the sudden cancellation. I can only think that for some reason the O2 PAC went through? But I cannot call O2 because they disabled the SIM and I cannot call Three because THAT sim is also disabled! I am trying to contact three via their live chat but I cannot get through to O2 via the virtual assistant and MyO2 app was disabled. Can anyone provide advice or help? I am absolutely desperate because I am waiting for calls from my GP and medical services due to an upcoming surgery.

Update: Heard from 3 that reason everything was cancelled was because O2 did in fact transfer the PAC even though I was reassured that it was cancelled. I now have no number on O2 and no number on 3 and owe over £350 because O2 either lied or didn't know what they were doing. And the so called "transfered" number is not on the O2 system.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

HelpNeededDespe
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll try that but I have 0 faith in O2 now - tehy promised me that the number was disabled and the PAC request cancelled. Plus I have been shouted at by their customer service so quite anxious.

Message 3 of 5

HelpNeededDespe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Managed to get them to reinstate the O2 number but it seems like my original number might be lost because of O2, even though I need it for surgery! Does anyone know of a customer service contact here that can help?

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122993 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@HelpNeededDespe 

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202

or 0344 809 0202 (or Payment management number -0800 902 0217 )

Or you can message O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW). 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5