Did you mean: 

O2 made a complete mess of porting and no customer service

JonWHITE71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Here is my tale of woe

Got a new Rolling plan sim a week ago, Wednesday, filled in the porting form online, Thursday got a message from O2 on my EE (contract) number, transfer in progress will be done by 6pm, my EE sim stopped working within a hour but the number didn’t port. 
I rang 4445 (after 6pm) told them the situation and was told they would reinput the request and it would be done Friday or Saturday (lie no.1 porting does not happen at weekends I later found out)

I rang 4445 Sunday and was told they would try again and it would be done Monday guaranteed (it didn’t)

I rang 4445 Tuesday was told there was a technical hitch and it would be done and sorted Wednesday promise!(it didn’t)

I rang 4445 Wednesday I was then told each time they had used a payg to payg form to do the porting, I said I was never asked if my EE number was on payg or contact, I was then cut off

Rang 4445 again told them what I was told they would then pass me to the payg concern team, they put me through to the contract team (after 20mins on hold) was then transferred to Payg team after 55 mins on hold, I’m assured it will port tomorrow, strangely I don’t believe them, each time I’ve been lied to. 
Never experienced such bad customer service ever. I even tried the twitter o2 chat help, I’m still waiting for an answer from 2 days ago! 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144487 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@JonWHITE71 

I'll ask @O2Sarah- to help in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

JonWHITE71
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Don’t what to do next 

Message 3 of 21

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@JonWHITE71 I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 4 of 21

ally_s
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im the same only they have cut off the o2 sim so now have nothing and I dont have a landline!

Message 5 of 21

Clire72
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same is happening to me. 

My elderly mum has been waiting for her mobile to tranfer from virgin to 02 for over 2 weeks. She has no home Internet or landline. We just keep getting told to wait 24 hours everytime we call 202. 

Message 6 of 21

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Clire72 wrote:

Same is happening to me. 

My elderly mum has been waiting for her mobile to tranfer from virgin to 02 for over 2 weeks. She has no home Internet or landline. We just keep getting told to wait 24 hours everytime we call 202. 

@O2Georgina is the O2 advisor on from 8am Saturday, @Clire72 - she will reach out to you here via Private Message for info to see what the hold-up is. Good luck!

Message 7 of 21

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@pgn  Thanks for the tag

@Clire72   I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 8 of 21

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina - hope you are able to help 🤞

Message 9 of 21

ChetB
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This seems to be a pattern with O2.

I am having the same problem as the three other people on this post. And I am at my wits end.

I (purportedly) got ported from 3 Network, over 4 weeks ago. But since then, I am not getting any incoming calls or texts from any network other than 3 Network. I have called O2's joke of a customer services (the 202 number) more times than I care to remember and talked to a different service agent every time. Every  single time, I am given more and more lies! "We have escalated your complaint to the relevant team", "We have filled out the correct form", "The porting team will sort this out and let me know and I will immediately let you know via email or call on my other number", Oh! I am so sorry this has happened... I have escalated this to the network team and they will resolve the problem within 2 to 5 days". All lies! Not a single agent has been able to resolve my problem. I have had this mobile number for almost 21 years, and I am afraid, because of O2's incompetence, I might end up losing it entirely!

Calling O2 customer services has proven to be a waste of my time, so I am resorting to asking the O2 community for some help. PLEASE HELP!!

If this also doesn't work, I will resort to social media, but JonWHITE mentioned above that even that does not work with O2. Finally, if all else fails, I will wait out the mandatory 8 weeks and then take this to the communications ombudsman and hope that they will be able to resolve the issue. 

Message 10 of 21