Did you mean: 

O2 Won’t Blacklist IMEI

Turner
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning, 

having had my phone lost on 25th March 23, I asked O2 blacklist the IMEI number on the 26th.

Over the past ten days they have provided me with ‘Proof of Usage’ three times and haven’t bothered to blacklist the IMEI number despite me specifically asking for it to be done for my insurance claim.

I phone customer services each day and get the same result, either no action and no response or email as promised or I get a ‘Proof of Usage’ and my IMEI is still active and not blocked.

I went to an O2 store yesterday and I couldn’t have been treated worse, the manager couldn’t be bothered and hid in the back office. They said they had no paper to print a letter for me. They said they couldn’t backlist an IMEI and worse of all they wouldn’t phone customer services for me because the staff at O2 said they were crap and I quote ‘do their head in’.

I was laughed at and told good luck getting in contact with customer services. I then yesterday spoke to someone at customer services who promised to blacklist it as O2 had made a mistake with the paperwork on the 26th.

Suprise Suprise, no response today no email. No follow up and no blacklisting active as promised.

The second I get this issue resolved I’ll be leaving O2 the customer service is the worst I’ve ever experienced.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35950 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Did you report your phone as stolen, @Turner? Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

You should not have to ask for the IMEI to be blocked, that happens automatically as the Lost or Stolen Bar is applied by O2 when they receive your report. They will also give you a letter for your insurance if you ask when you make your report about the stolen phone. Good luck!

Message 2 of 20

Turner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tip, though I reported it as lost the next day (26th March). By phoning customer services and explaining it was lost the night before.

Though they have still not blacklisted the handset and I am banging my head against a wall trying to get them to do this. 

Message 3 of 20

Turner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s 7am, I open the live chat function to speak to an advisor. And they are all too busy for me to be connected, seriously O2’s customer service is a laughing stock.

Message 4 of 20

pgn
  • 35950 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@Turner - There are 3 options just below this post for contact via Social Media as well as the numbers given in the link I shared earlier - Live Chat are not the best-equipped for anything off-script, sadly - so please use one of the support options already provided to clarify with O2.  As for blacklisting, how do you know it has not been blacklisted?  O2 will di a number of actions upon receipt of a valid "Lost or Stolen Phone" call or contact, and your exposure to call costs from the phone stop on the date and time you log the phone as stolen or lost.  I'll tag @O2Sarah- who is the advisor on today to help you with your concern - keep an eye open for a message from her here shortly. Good luck!

Message 5 of 20

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Turner I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 6 of 20

Turner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn , Sarah has PM’d me so I’ll respond to that now. Cheers.

Message 7 of 20

Turner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been supplied with yet another ‘proof of purchase’ which is useless for my insurers. O2 seem completely inept at being able to blacklist my IMEI number and provide me with sufficient evidence.

This has been going on for nearly 2 weeks now which is an absolute joke. I was promised confirmation yesterday which never arrived. They just sent me the same letter I’ve received 4 times. 

Message 8 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@O2MichaelE it appears that @Turner still needs some assistance.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 20

pgn
  • 35950 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Perhaps you need to discuss what exactly your insurers require with this afternoon's O2 Advisor, @O2MichaelE@Turner - see if there is anything he can do.  You can get a proof of ownership, which shows the IMEI, as many here on the Forum have been able to get this when asked by their insurance company. You can type "proof insurance" in the Forum Search bar to see what people asked for and what you need.  I am also concerned about your insistence on proof of IMEI blacklisting, unless you had received a replacement phone with a different IMEI somehow, the one O2 have on file against your account will be what has been disabled, barred, when you went through the Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it process.  Good luck!

Message 10 of 20