Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number was ported but nobody can call me

Suzanne_163
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't know if I'm on the right board, but we ported my son's number from virgin.  We provided pac details on Thursday of last week, and the number change showed on my account yesterday. However, whilst he can call and text out, nobody can call him. We spent an hour on the phone to customer services,  but the agent seemed hellbent on wanting to reset the phone and was directing us to menus that just don't appear on this handset. Eventually, he said he needed to talk to someone and would call me back in 10 minutes.  12 hours later and no call. And still no working number. We've tried the sim in another handset but it still can't be called. Both handsets are unlocked. Any suggestions please.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @Suzanne_163 - O2 never call you back. Sounds like a port has not completed. If a reboot or two this morning does not fix it, you need to persist with O2 Customer Services: give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 - if you call around 08:15 you should get onto the queue and hopefully will have better luck today.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @Suzanne_163 - O2 never call you back. Sounds like a port has not completed. If a reboot or two this morning does not fix it, you need to persist with O2 Customer Services: give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 - if you call around 08:15 you should get onto the queue and hopefully will have better luck today.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 6

Suzanne_163
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I think I was probably a bit naive believing that I'd get a call back. I just assumed they'd be better than Virgin.

2 reboots today but it still can't be called or texted, so I called 202 from my son's phone. They've decided to send another sim card. Meanwhile, the old virgin sim still seems to be fully operational.

Message 3 of 6

pgn
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

By this stage, I would have expected the Virgin SIM to be out of service, @Suzanne_163 - just to check, the last section of the guide below talks about porting into O2 from another network (assuming O2 and VM are not now classed as the same network since merging!): Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Wouldn't do any harm just to check all steps have been followed...?

Message 4 of 6

Suzanne_163
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Funny you should say that.  The virgin sim stopped working this afternoon.  We tried the o2 sim again and it now works fine - just as a replacement sim arrived in the post. I didn't expect the porting to take so long,  especially after Virgin said they were terminating the payg  on Monday. At least it's all working now. Thanks for all your help.

Message 5 of 6

pgn
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thank you, glad it worked out eventually - and you are welcome, @Suzanne_163 👍

Message 6 of 6