Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not working following porting

James42
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have transferred my number over from three to 02. The transfer started yesterday morning (12 April) and appeared to have completed later in the day.
My O2 account shows my correct number. After much messing around with settings and turning phone on and off last night several times my iPhone now shows my correct number. 
However iMessage will not verify my number (even though it’s the number I’ve had for years), I cannot send or receive txt messages and I cannot receive calls - it says my number does not exist. I can however make calls. 
I have been on the instant chat who gave me some iMessage fixes. Already tried them and main issue is not receiving calls! Highlighted this point to them and said a technical team would look into my number and I would receive an update in 4 hours. No update received (been nearly 5 hours) and I cannot message them now is it says they are too busy. Not been able to receive calls for nearly 2 days now. What a farce. 
Can anyone help? Thanks 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144452 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@James42 

You may need a new blank sim. 

Looks like you should contact customer service as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) or 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG), or call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they will supply you with a new sim and activate it for you. Be sure to bring identification with you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

James42
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Don’t think that will do it. I’ve spent all day messaging on the chat service. Same as yesterday promised an update in 4 hours and nothing. 
Had to ring the 202 number. What a mistake that was. First person put me through to the Apple support team without telling me or Apple. Shambles. 30 minutes of my day wasted. 
Rang again. Got to through to someone else slightly more helpful. The back office IT team are looking into and are going to contact me an alternative number I have had to provide. Based on my experiences so far I am not hopeful of this getting resolved. 
I have read about porting not always working but the time I am having to spend sorting this is a joke. Needless to say I have raised as a complaint. 

Message 3 of 9

MacAlex
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@James42 Hi!  I have the exact same issue (including the "we'll call you back/update you in 4 hours" failed promise and the lengthy conversation with a bewildered O2 rep)

I also spoke with Apple who performed a few checks including: if you can't successfully text "HELP" to 48369 then iMessage/FaceTime won't activate, and that it's a configuration issue that O2 needs to resolve.

In the end, the not-very-alert O2 rep I spoke with last night said he had 'tweaked' my tariff and that would fix the matter today (Saturday).  It hasn't.  

This is a HUGE issue for me, as I'm helping Ukrainian refugees, and being unable to easily offer them iMessage or even international texts is massively problematic.  If it can't be fixed ASAp, I will need to cancel my contract and move the account elsewhere.  No other choice, really.

If you have better luck than me, I'd love to hear the solution.  slight_smile  Obviously, I'll get back to you if O2 ever fixes this issue for me.

Chris 

O2Georgina 

@O2Jonathan 

Message 4 of 9

O2Jonathan
Former Staff
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MacAlex Thank you for the tag. I will private message you now.

signature
Message 5 of 9

James42
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the message. Yeah sounds like we are having the same issue only yours is more pressing than mine.

By way of an update I rang 02 this morning as still no update despite the promise of a call back/update yesterday. In short they think there has been an issue with the number porting process but they need this porting team to look into it. Problem is they don’t work weekends so I’m not getting a working phone or an update until Monday at the earliest. What a farce.

I’d be amazed if they update me on Monday as based on current form I will be spending more time with chasing them. I have even provided them with an alternative contact number - they had no record of this when I spoke to them earlier.

I’ve already raised as an official complaint. Like you I will be cancelling my contract at this rate.

I will let you know if anything happens but likely to be Monday by the sounds of it.

Cheers

James

Message 6 of 9

James42
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any chance you can look into my issue please?

Message 7 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

O2 doesn't port numbers on the weekend, so whatever they're looking into for you won't get sorted until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest now.

@O2Jonathan can you also assist @James42?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

O2Jonathan
Former Staff
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@James42 I will private message you now. Thank you for the tag @Bambino .

signature
Message 9 of 9