cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number migration - NOT done, repeatedly!

roziepozie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm out of contract on my current sim-only account, so I bought a completely new sim-only account with temporary#, and have phoned O2 twice now over several days to get my current O2 sim-only main# moved to the temporary# I got with the new sim-only account. 

THIS HAS REPEATEDLY NOT BEEN DONE! 

The old website login for my main# is dead, but the new login still has my temporary#! Also, my iPhone still shows two esims (Primary: my main# / Secondary: the temp#) but calling my main# gives message "this number is not available" or similar, while calling the temp# actually works. 

How am I supposed to get this fixed, given O2 have not done the number migration repeatedly? 

Complete shambles of a process moving from legacy to 360, AFAICT. 

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 649 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@roziepozie Can you please drop me a PM with some more details and i'll take a closer look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6983 Solutions

Unfortunately you have to persist with customer service

Frustrating I know

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 26

roziepozie
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the response, but I'm not on social media, and shouldn't have to be to get service from O2 CS agents, really.

Any other ideas? Phoning gets me stuck in endless queues for an hour plus! 

Message 3 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23104 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@roziepozie This is a customer community. If you don't use social media there really is no other choice than to persist with calling customer service. We are fully aware of the gross incompetence of late, but unfortunately there's nothing else we can advise you to do, short of lodging a formal complaint, but even that is taking weeks to get any response, and once a complaint is raised customer service will no longer deal with the issue:

How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 26

roziepozie
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phoning is simply not working for technical support. This morning I tried and was on hold for 65mins without speaking to anyone, before the phone system just cut me off. Yesterday afternoon the same thing but it was an even longer 70mins. 

I can't understand why there are no O2 staff in these forums who could PM users to get issues fixed? I'm sure there used to be a few months ago. 

Message 5 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23104 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@roziepozie You are correct. We used to have access to O2's online advisors and were able to alert them to other customer's issues, but O2 in their inimitable wisdom took that option away from us. Sadly, the only advice we can now offer is what you've had.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 26

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36028 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@roziepozie wrote:

I can't understand why there are no O2 staff in these forums who could PM users to get issues fixed? I'm sure there used to be a few months ago. 

There used to be, until last July (2023) when O2 removed all the staff who used to advise here on the Forum. Again, Social Media or persist with the phone numbers open to you @roziepozie - Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 7 of 26

roziepozie
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Omnishambles of a system. 

Message 8 of 26

roziepozie
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great, so I'm left completely unable to use my phone number nor be contacted on my phone number by other people! Yet we cannot get through to anyone at O2 to fix this. 

Message 9 of 26

roziepozie
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Number migrations are clearly not working AT ALL at the moment, given several threads on this, inc. this one: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Phone-number-crossover/td-p/1695472/jump-to/first-unread-...

Message 10 of 26