Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network

Helen27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone please tell me why my phone suddenly cut off mid call and now it says no registered on network, all bills are up to date, I can't make or receive calls not even to o2 on 202, I don't have a landline anymore and I have a heart problem.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Helen27 

It's either a sim, phone or network issue.

Check guide first Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

If you need a new sim, pop into your local O2 shop with photo ID.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

bazwaldo
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today I experienced the same problem as the OP above, my O2 Classic PAYG sim is showing as "not registered on network".

This is with a 2nd handset, a Samsung Galaxy S7, which I use mainly as a SatNav device in my car, because of this it requires network access very infrequently and the O2 Classic PAYG 3-2-1 setup is very suitable.

The sim was activated on 27/05/23 when I topped up with £20 credit, this was confirmed by O2 texts, the last text received was a "spam" do you need to top up text on 08/11/23.

I tried restarting, removing and replacing sim.

I called O2 customer services and was passed to payg dept. who eventually advised sim would be reactivated after I confirmed SSN, he also confirmed the sim had £19.14p credit, then call dropped.

I called back and gave landline in case of a dropped call again, I reconfirmed the details as in the first call.
The advisor said that the Classic PAYG 3-2-1 sims were discontinued, I advised my main phone was still on the Classic PAYG 3-2-1 sim and that the O2 website confirms this with my number and credit amount:-

Classic Pay As You Go
3p a minute, 2p a text, 1p a MB of 2G/3G/4G data

The advisor put me on silent hold while he looked at the issue with a Team Leader.

The advisor came back and said that the sim should be reactivated within 24 hours and that if I call back and confirm this the £19.14p credit can be reapplied to the sim.

I wish O2 would reinstate the Classic PAYG 3-2-1 option as I, like many others I'm sure, find it a cost efective and convenient option.
I do resent O2 trying to force me onto a rolling PAYG monthly payment which is more expensive and not suitable for my needs.
Come on O2 listen to your customers and provide what works for them not the other way around!

I will add an update once things have hopefully been sorted out.

Message 3 of 14

bazwaldo
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After an hour or so I rebooted the Galaxy S7 and it showed as being network connected and I was able to run *#10# which returned 0 balance.
I called back to O2 customer services on 0344 8090202 again from my landline and this was more direct as my problem Classic PAYG 3-2-1 sim mobile number was now recognised.
The advisor put me on silent hold after I requested the outstanding £19.14p credit be reapplied to my phone.
She came back advised me to turn off mobile data access on the Galaxy S7, she then applied the missing credit and after I ran *#10# the missing £19.14p showed as my available credit once again!
I thanked her and her colleagues for fully resolving my problem!
Overall it went better than I had expected!

I hope this helps others experiencing the same issue.

Message 4 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@bazwaldo 

Glad they sorted it.

You need to ensure you classic PAYG sim makes a call every 6 months as per your terms and conditions or this will happne again in September if you dont.. and you might not be so lucky...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

The info you have on this O2 product is referenced here - note it is a legacy product https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go

You need to make a chargeable activity or top up at least once every 6 months. See here: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/lost-all-credit-on-my-phone/m-p/1696366/highlight/true#M...

Make a short call to stay on the safe side, whatever O2 say.

Message 6 of 14

bazwaldo
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the sound advice.

Message 7 of 14

bazwaldo
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will thanks.

Message 8 of 14

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@bazwaldo wrote:

After an hour or so I rebooted the Galaxy S7 and it showed as being network connected and I was able to run *#10# which returned 0 balance.
I called back to O2 customer services on 0344 8090202 again from my landline and this was more direct as my problem Classic PAYG 3-2-1 sim mobile number was now recognised.
The advisor put me on silent hold after I requested the outstanding £19.14p credit be reapplied to my phone.
She came back advised me to turn off mobile data access on the Galaxy S7, she then applied the missing credit and after I ran *#10# the missing £19.14p showed as my available credit once again!
I thanked her and her colleagues for fully resolving my problem!
Overall it went better than I had expected!

I hope this helps others experiencing the same issue.

@bazwaldo 

I am sure that our Community manager, @Dave-O2, will be interested in this positive feedback. 👍 

Message 9 of 14

bazwaldo
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, lightning has struck again!

I've just charged and rebooted my Samsung S7 to find it is showing the sim as unregistered once again!

So now I have to go through the whole rigmarole outlined above again.

I am on the landline phone to the Indian call centre to try and get my PAYG sim reactivated and the credit reapplied once more.

The agent is very helpful and I am on hold......

Message 10 of 14