Not receiving texts / calls from SIP services after PAC transfer

DavidHogg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ordered 09/10/2023 online with PAC transfer

SIM arrived 10/10/2023

Port partially complete 11/10/2023 - not receiving texts or calls from enterprise PBX/SIP services (so multi-factor authentication services don't work nor can I receive calls from businesses) - contacted O2 customer service told to wait 24h from port (so 12/10/2023 07:00)

Problem continues 12/10/2023

Called O2 today to terminate the service. Was offered a PAC code but can't receive it because inbound texts don't work. Advisor said he'd transfer me to someone who can help fix the issue and get the PAC through but I heard "Extension doesn't exist" and was disconnected after 30 minutes on the phone.

I left O2 about 10 years ago because of the abysmal service and figured hey - I'll roll the dice and give them a go. I'm going to have to contact our internal helpdesk to change my MFA method to get any work done and I've lost the ability to use internet banking or any other service which requires text based MFA.

Please... send help. PS yes I've reset the network settings and turned the phone off and on a multitude of times. It's a second gen iPhone SE. Yes the internet works, yes I have signal, yes I can dial and text outbound.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144462 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@DavidHogg 

Number porting involves transferring a number of different "packs" from one network to another.

If one of these packs is missed, you get issues with certain aspects not working.

Unfortunately, only O2 can resolve this so you need to get back on to them and insist the issue is escalated to the porting team who can check if all packs have been moved and successfully activated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

DavidHogg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for responding promptly. I sort of assumed O2 would have a presence on their own forum but I can see from other threads that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll find another 30 minutes between meetings to phone and battle through their prehistoric IVR service.

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

You could message on social media @DavidHogg ?

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

DavidHogg
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After another slightly faster call (15m) O2 are investigating the port.

Message 5 of 5