Did you mean: 

Not receiving auto generated messages

JordanG1001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good Afternoon all,

I have recently moved to O2 from another network. I used a PAC code to shift my number across.

Its now been a couple of weeks but i am not receiving auto generated messages from my bank for security checks and im not receiving verify texts from whatsapp. I have checked all permissions and messages are permitted. Ive also checked the spam box for messages and nothing is showing in there. I am receiving texts from friends as well.

I contacted whatsapp about the issue and they reset my account but they said its all fine on their end and with the bank not sending messages as well, i believe it to be something with o2 or my phone.

Dont suppose anyone knows what might be causing this?

Kind Regards,

Jordan

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Sounds like all the files have not transferred across. We have had a few reports of this nature

Have you contacted O2?

Message O2 on
(https://o2uk.co/O2CFB)
Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you.

If you get knowhere come back and I will tag one of our advisors

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @JordanG1001 were you able to contact O2 about this?

Message 3 of 9

JordanG1001
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Breanna I have been struggling to speak to O2 about it as i work shift patterns. Ive tried to use the chat system but that never seems to be up and running. I've contactd them on twitter but no response as of yet.

Message 4 of 9

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @JordanG1001 I will tag an account advisor here on the forum. Do keep an eye on your inbox for a message from them.

@O2Jonathan can you take a look please?

Message 5 of 9

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

It looks like @O2Jonathan didn't have a chance to send you a message. @O2Emma do you think you can check this out?

Message 6 of 9

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Breanna I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 7 of 9

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @JordanG1001 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 8 of 9

J9genie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently moved to O2 from another network. I used a PAC code to shift my number across.

im not receiving verify texts from whatsapp. I have checked all permissions and messages are permitted. Ive also checked the spam box for messages and nothing is showing in there. I am receiving texts from friends as well.

I contacted whatsapp about the issue and they reset my account but they said its all fine on their end. Is this a problem that has had a solution found? Any help greatly appreciated 

Message 9 of 9