Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving any One Time Passcodes

GillOTP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can no longer receive any OTP - they’re not coming through from my bank, from HMRC or the NHS app. O2 Customer service advised reset network but that didn’t help. They also thought an age restriction might have randomly been put on my account. That’s been removed but still the OTP don’t come through. Weirdly, whenever O2 sends me a text, a flood of old OTPs come through…but I still can’t get new ones. O2 say a technical support person will contact me in three working days. I really could do with this being sorted sooner, if anyone has any ideas? 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

All I know of on the community guidance is in this, @GillOTP: Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) - if that helps?

Message 2 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

There seem to be a fair amount of people complaining of the same thing over the past two days @GillOTP 

Have you got a spend cap attached to your account? Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Maybe @O2Ellie, one of our account advisors can help?

Just watch this thread, when she picks up the tag @O2Ellie will be asking you for some account details via Private message. (envelope icon top right of the page)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 34

O2Ellie
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @Cleoriff 

@GillOTP  I will private message you now and we can look in to this further for you. Please keep a look out for my message coming through. 😊 

signature
Message 4 of 34

GillOTP
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for sharing. Been through the guidance but issue unresolved sadly 

Message 5 of 34

GillOTP
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, yes I can see a fair few posts on this issue. No spend cap for me and no joy as yet from trying what others have suggested on here. 

Message 6 of 34

WhyOtwo
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same issue. Nobody seems to understand what is happening yet a quick Google tells you it is far from uncommon. I was promised a callback yesterday and still waiting.

Receiving these passcodes is essential, so living with the issue is not an option. Makes me wonder how everyone else who has had this issue got it resolved. Surely someone at O2 knows? Or did they have to move providers?

Message 7 of 34

DM1980
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue since Sat 12/03/2022. Well could be before that too. Spoke to O2 yesterday (Sunday) and was told I will get a call within 24 hours. Desperate to get this issue fixed. Tried all sorts of things on my phone but I don't think it's an issue with the phone or settings. My feeling is it's something on O2 side.

Message 8 of 34

KtKate
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have excatly the same issue - so fustrating. Has anyone had any joy getting it resolved? With the strong customer authentication it is vital that mobiles can support this service!

Message 9 of 34

IanCun
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem and support have told me they can't find a problem. I stopped being able to receive OTP messages this week, so I can't log in to online banking etc. If I get a test message from o2, it pushes through a backlog of verificiation codes etc... from other providers.

I've tried the sim in a different phone and reset settings, and it still happens... it's definitely a problem at o2's end and I'm struggling to find help.

Have any of you had a fix yet?

Message 10 of 34