Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving any One Time Passcodes

GillOTP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can no longer receive any OTP - they’re not coming through from my bank, from HMRC or the NHS app. O2 Customer service advised reset network but that didn’t help. They also thought an age restriction might have randomly been put on my account. That’s been removed but still the OTP don’t come through. Weirdly, whenever O2 sends me a text, a flood of old OTPs come through…but I still can’t get new ones. O2 say a technical support person will contact me in three working days. I really could do with this being sorted sooner, if anyone has any ideas? 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Dg9
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 & @O2Lisa 

Coincidental with  my case this problem @Jayef is having involves a number recently ported from Sky unable to receive OTP's from Santander

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Santander-OTP-not-received/m-p/1567499/highlight/true#M23... 

Message 21 of 34

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36439 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Have responded to @Jayef on the other thread, @Dg9 - advice remains to contact O2 on Social Media for these OTP issues: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/3D-card-verification-not-receiving-verification-texts/m-p...

Thanks for the flag, links for O2 SM team are just below. Good luck!

Message 22 of 34

thestarkfactor
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am encountering this exact issue now, in September, so obviously isn't resolved, who and how can this be escalated and resolved?

Message 23 of 34

pgn
  • 36439 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@thestarkfactor wrote:

I am encountering this exact issue now, in September, so obviously isn't resolved, who and how can this be escalated and resolved?

As per the thread above, have you reached out to O2's Social Media Team for help with your OTP problem, @thestarkfactor?

Links to get to them via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, are given just below the blue bar in this message. 

Message 24 of 34

Darko
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

has anyone ever solved this OTP issue with o2?

I am concerned that if this can cannot be solved easily, I will have to cancel the contract as I don’t need this in my life. Its very upsetting and frustrating. With no access to my work and my bank account…what is the point?

Message 25 of 34

pgn
  • 36439 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Looks to have been solved here, @Darko:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Santander-OTP-not-received/m-p/1581309/highlight/true#M26...

Conveniently, @O2Lisa is on hand at this time - perhaps she can take a look at your set-up, @Darko 

Tagging @Breanna for info, as fix for this still not available for Community publication.

Message 26 of 34

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks @pgn. As @Jayef updated us this morning, it seems like it's solvable but takes time. Will check in with O2 again to see if they've got any information.

Message 27 of 34

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Darko I’ve sent you a direct message☺️

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 34

Darko
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa, I have replied ☺️

Message 29 of 34

Jayef
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The other thing I did was to call the "I'm cancelling my order" number. 

That got me through to a UK based support. He didn't just read the standard response screens, but connected me to UK based Technical Support person. That person "raised a ticket" which may also have helped.

In a nutshell, I don't know how it was resolved.

I find the O2 phone functionality brilliant. BUT as a retired quality person, found the O2 problem solving process  completely dysfunctional. 

I received many calls/ tweets from O2 

staff, even after the problem was resolved. None appeared to know about the fact that others had worked  on the problem. 

Very, very unclear accountabilities.

Good luck though & don't give up!

Message 30 of 34