Did you mean: 

No texts or calls since number port

Rossee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Soooo.

Ported a pay monthly from Vodafone to Lyca just prior to going to the USA . Number ported but would didn't work correctly in the states. 

Assumed this was an issue with roaming. However upon returning to the UK, realised that the number would not receive calls or texts. Could make calls however. After no joy with Lyca. Ported to O2. However problem remained. Yet can now receive calls from other o2 numbers. O2 suggested SIM must be damaged. Have changed SIM in store and at home. No difference. They then said. (We were on a rolling one month big bundle) move to a contract SIM and all will be resolved. Done this. Ported number again.

The problem still remains! Cannot receive any texts. Cannot receive calls from anything other than an o2 number.

Three weeks, four number ports and 5 SIM cards in. I am at a loss. No one seems to have an answer.

Any advice would be very welcome. 

O2 say the ports are successful but could something have been missed by Vodafone on the original port?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36022 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

O2 could do what has helped others, @Rossee - tear down your mobile account, and recreate it from scratch after a few hours have passed. Be prepared to be without service for 24hrs, on that phone, SIM and number, though.

Also note there was some issue with Lyca relating to Cybersecurity not long ago, and your move to or from them may have been impacted. Not an easy one: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Girlfriend-on-Lyca-mobile-can-t-call-me-on-o2/m-p/1656248/...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 23

Rossee
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the response. I will try anything to appease the missus. 

It is obviously my fault for suggesting the port in the first place slight_smile

Message 3 of 23

Rossee
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be clear. I need to ring o2.

Request that they tear down the number and recreate it from scratch. Will customer services know what I mean if I request this?

Message 4 of 23

Rossee
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Request that they tear down the number and recreate it from scratch. Will customer services know what I mean if I request this?

Message 5 of 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36022 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Tear down your account, on the O2 side. Then recreate it with your number from scratch, @Rossee.

Message 6 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144454 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Rossee 

You need to ask for a network refresh on your account, don't be fobbed off with being told to do it on your phone as it's not the same thing.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 23

Rossee
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I will do this

Message 8 of 23

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

I will through something else into the mix, Lyca had a cyber incident which put a block on ports and the repercussions are still been felt today, although they can be done... 

So although Vodafone will be part of the problem, I have a feeling the bigger problem is Lyca and them actually doing the port properly and communicating to o2 and Vodafone..

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/lyca-mobile-update.40576/

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 23

Rossee
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Indeed. The number was ported into Lyca on the 19th of October. Only found out subsequently they had been victims of a cyber attack. Had hoped that as it was three weeks prior that we would not have been affected.

Will a network refresh resolve it then if it is a Vodafone to Lyca issue?

Message 10 of 23