Did you mean: 

No texts or calls since number port

Rossee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Soooo.

Ported a pay monthly from Vodafone to Lyca just prior to going to the USA . Number ported but would didn't work correctly in the states. 

Assumed this was an issue with roaming. However upon returning to the UK, realised that the number would not receive calls or texts. Could make calls however. After no joy with Lyca. Ported to O2. However problem remained. Yet can now receive calls from other o2 numbers. O2 suggested SIM must be damaged. Have changed SIM in store and at home. No difference. They then said. (We were on a rolling one month big bundle) move to a contract SIM and all will be resolved. Done this. Ported number again.

The problem still remains! Cannot receive any texts. Cannot receive calls from anything other than an o2 number.

Three weeks, four number ports and 5 SIM cards in. I am at a loss. No one seems to have an answer.

Any advice would be very welcome. 

O2 say the ports are successful but could something have been missed by Vodafone on the original port?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144994 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Rossee 

We can only guess at the cause of your issue. No one here can know.

Personally, I'd be trying all avenues to correct it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 23

Rossee
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is being done. I really appreciate the advice. Currently in the midst of a back and forth with them about a network refresh. It has been extremely useful gaining knowledge from this forum about potential problems. It is however very frustrating that O2 doesn't suggest anything other than waiting and porting. Fingers crossed I'll get there in the end. 

Really don't want to lose the number

Message 12 of 23

Rossee
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just been told they have rest the necessary bolt on and to wait another 24 hrs. Restarting the phone at regular intervals. Feels like I'm being palmed off again

Message 13 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144994 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Rossee wrote:

Just been told they have rest the necessary bolt on and to wait another 24 hrs. Restarting the phone at regular intervals. Feels like I'm being palmed off again

and what bolt on would that be ???

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 23

Rossee
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes exactly, 

I asked them to do a full tear down of the number and then rebuild it. They said yes, done that by refreshing 'the bolt on'. Then it's the standard. Now wait 24hrs...turn phone on and off routinely. This gets you off their hands.

Went to the shop in town yesterday and much as they were very sympathetic, they were none the wiser. Sat there doing everything again. Being offered new SIM cards. That would be 6 now. A new contract even. Ultimately they relent and call customer services only to be in a queue for 30 mins as I would have been if I dialled myself. After being in the shop for over an hour I have decided to try calling myself again today.

I will update in due course 

Message 15 of 23

Mullac95
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any luck with resolving, I have had same issues since Sept 23 so almost two months.

They have network reset and new SIM cards but no luck and live chat seems completely redundant

Message 16 of 23

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36443 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Mullac95 wrote:

Any luck with resolving, I have had same issues since Sept 23 so almost two months.

They have network reset and new SIM cards but no luck and live chat seems completely redundant

Have you tried O2's Social Media Team via Twitter or Facebook or Instagram, @Mullac95? The link just below takes you to them - give them a try, you can keep pinging them over the day until you get someone who can get their teeth into your problem, like I did with a billing issue some months  back: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Web-Top-Up-not-recognising-a-valid-O2-P...

Good luck!

Message 17 of 23

Rossee
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been all but ignored on their facebook page. Took my details for security and then when I explained the issue they stopped responding. Been on web chat and on a call most of the morning. Having asked for the number to be rebuilt (by the elusive back room team) an age on hold to be told that there is a problem with a mast in my postcode. Despite me having 2 other o2 numbers and also the same problem away from my location they are convinced it was this. I have given up. Fortunately it is within the 14 days cooling off period for the number. Albeit they then wanted to charge me the exit fee for the full 12 months when I requested the PAC code.

Then had to speak to the cancellations team. 

I have had it with the ineptitude and give a sh*t approach to most of my calls. Being out and out lied to. Being mis-sold a new contract.

I am fortunate i can vote with my feet. The number will go back to Vodafone. At least I get to talk to a different customer service team. I have also ported one of my other number out and will do so with the other number when the term finishes.

I except the root cause of the issue was not o2's but cannot except the sham of the way they have dealt with it. 

I appreciate the help this forum has suggested and I wish all others good luck that may be reading this.

Thanks 

Message 18 of 23

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Rossee 

Are the Customer Service team at Vodaphone any better ? 

Folks moan about O2's call centre in South Africa but Vodaphone are currently relocating their CS function to Egypt. 

I don't know about EE's CS, but can confirm from recent personal experience that Three's is a shambles.   

Message 19 of 23

Rossee
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They only have 10 days to prove their worth. Then somebody else gets a go.

Message 20 of 23