Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after applying spend cap

JB8889
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 keep charging me multiple times for single messages sent, so I contacted ’chat’ last night to put a spend cap of £0 on the account.

Woke up this morning to no signal whatsoever.

Tried reinstalling my data sim and it’s now saying the QR code is no longer valid.

Phoned O2 who said when you put a spend cap on the account it’s normal to lose all use of your phone for 24 hours!

Is this correct or have I just been fobbed off? I’m new to O2 and with my last provider you simply went onto the app, changed it yourself and it was instantaneous. Not too happy as I need my phone for work tomorrow.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Guide: Spend caps on O2 contains some of the detail. Application and removal of a cap should not affect your service, if done correctly, @JB8889. Sounds like you got fobbed-off, even if you are at your limit, or over it, (ie all calls and data are being charged) for this month?

"If you set a £0 Spend Cap, or once you reach 100% of your Spend Cap, any further chargeable out-of-bundle usage will not be possible. This means that if you use up your monthly allowance and any Bolt On allowance, any additional chargeable usage will be barred."

(from https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/spend-cap)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Guide: Spend caps on O2 contains some of the detail. Application and removal of a cap should not affect your service, if done correctly, @JB8889. Sounds like you got fobbed-off, even if you are at your limit, or over it, (ie all calls and data are being charged) for this month?

"If you set a £0 Spend Cap, or once you reach 100% of your Spend Cap, any further chargeable out-of-bundle usage will not be possible. This means that if you use up your monthly allowance and any Bolt On allowance, any additional chargeable usage will be barred."

(from https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/spend-cap)

Message 2 of 4

JB8889
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That’s what I thought. I already had a £5 cap set, which I’ve not yet reached. I requested the change to £0 to stop them accidentally charging me. Seems now I’ve been completely cut off. Will be calling again tomorrow (from other half’s phone 🙄)

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Good luck! 

You do know you can also reach out to the O2 Social Media Teams, right? Links below - I appreciate Social Media does not suit everybody, a call around 08:15 is just as likely to work.

Message 4 of 4