Did you mean: 

No service after SIM swap & number port

SM2334
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I hope that somebody on this forum might be able to help me.

I recently joined O2 and was sent a physical SIM in the post (after a week delay, due to postal strikes). Anway, I'd picked up an ESIM from an O2 store, hoping to use this and keep my old Vodafone SIM in my phone and in use, just until I can switch my number over to O2. So, I complete a SIM swap via the online form, which is completed within a couple of hours. Great!

Then, a couple of days later, I submit a form to keep my Vodafone number and have this ported over to O2. I provide the PAC, SSN (of the ESIM) and all necessary details. I wait 24 hours and have had no contact at all about the progress of this. I contact customer services and I'm told the request failed, but I'm not given a reason... Anyway, they put the request through again for me. I wait 48 hours... nothing happens and, again, no messages from O2. Once again, I find myself on the phone to an advisor who says they will put the request through again, as the previous one failed. This cycle of requesting a number port, nothing happening, and the request failing, happens 3 more times! Each time, I'm told it's not clear why the request keeps failing. I'm fed up at this point, so I call to cancel within my cooling off period, but the advisor was extremely helpful and even provided me with her contact email.

Finally, today, I lost service on both my Vodafone SIM and my O2 ESIM. Still, no messages (text or email) from O2 about this. I'd been advised that this would all be sorted by 6pm, but here I am at 8:30 pm with no service at all. Looking at my account, it seems like my number has been ported over, however, I now have no service, so can't make any calls, text or use data. I have been restarting my phone frequently and have tried resetting the network settings. I need service urgently due to work and also because my very elderly grandparent is unwell and may need to get hold of me!

Could this be happening because I swapped to the ESIM? Is there anything I can do??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144942 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@SM2334 

Previous known issues have been due to the esim needing to be reset.

Keep trying customer service tonight as we don't have any advisors on until 8.00am with @O2Sarah- unless @O2Emma is still around this evening?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @SM2334 I will send you a private message to look into this .

signature
Message 3 of 6

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 4 of 6

SM2334
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, Emma. Really need this sorted as soon as possible and just can't seem to get anywhere with CS!

Message 5 of 6

Markyb3
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you get this sorted ? I'm having exactly the same sort of issues with my transfer from Tesco mobile to O2.

Message 6 of 6