Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network on iPhone 2g

Phil10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know why I cannot use my iPhone 2g which is on the 02 network with an 02 SIM card.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Phil10 

How old is the sim ?

Network changes around April of this year rendered a lot of old sim cards useless and need to be swapped for new ones.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Phil10
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the 02 classic SIM card, but it works no my other phone and not on this iPhone 2g

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Phil10 

Have you confirmed the phone is working with any sim?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

Phil10
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The phone is locked in the 02 network, but it does not work with an 02 SIM card, as far as I know the phone is not blocked, and the settings are correct because I have tried calling 02 customer services and we’ll as going in to an 02 shop

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Phil10 

When you say settings are correct, what settings are you using (I'm assuming it's data that's the issue?).

For a phone that old it would have used WAP but I've no idea if O2 still support that now.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Phil10 

WAP is not longer supported by any network, as people moved to full browser type experience but the original iPhone was GPRS/EDGE device so should still work, all be it its now over 14 years old.  It could be the sim card reader has failed.  

Have you tried a network settings reset or ordered a new sim card?

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 17

Phil10
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I have tried resetting the network settings, and this SIM card works in another phone so it may not be that either

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You didn't answer my question as to what settings you were using and if it was just data that was the issue?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

Phil10
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My settings for apn: idata.02.co.uk 

Username: vertigo

Password: password

i am just having problems with the phone signal, no 02 logo comes up or signal metre, but I can use the wifi fine

Message 10 of 17