Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network coverage

Rachael6162
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had no network coverage for almost 3 days. O2 said they've accidentally put a bar on my account and they've now removed the bar but that was over 24 hours ago and still have no network. Anyone else had this happen to them? Its an absolute nightmare.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Rachael6162
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When my phone cut off, I went into the o2 store thinking it was a SIM issue, turns out there was a bar on my account which they said was an error. Might be worth going to an o2 store if you can. I'm on day 4 now and getting no where 

Message 11 of 15

Keefsmate
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Rachael, I can empathise but don't have any confidence in 02. They are awful. I've been having the same problem and it turns out that when I requested a new sim for a new phone on 17th Sept, they 'accidentally' barred the original sim card so we have no network service at all. What a totally stupid mistake - to leave a customer without any means of communication, assuming that the sim card would be received. The additional annoyance is that O2 don't know which sim they issued (in 2014), so they can't reinstate the original sim. I've tried to get a new sim on 3 occasions since 17th Sept and no sim has arrived - the tracking info shows it being sent by Royal Mail...it isn't, so there is no means of tracking the delivery. The call on 202 cut off before I could extract the sim card from the old phone to give the details to the advisor and as this was the third time that the call had cut off (probably due to a long-standing problem with our nearest mast), I have no way to speak to a human. I'm disabled and can't get to a store. The date for the mast fix is 30th Sept but I can't get the old sim back into the phone due to dexterity issues. 'Getting nowhere' seems to be the norm with 02 and customer service is non-existent. Wish you luck with your problems and hope you get yours resolved sooner rather than later.

Message 12 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12138 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

That sounds a complete nightmare @Keefsmate 

Have you tried messaging customer services on social media?

I'll also mention the community advisors so they can try and rescue this situation.

@O2Daniel @O2nath_ci can you try and help?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 15

O2nath_ci
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@gmarkj thanks for the tag @Keefsmate i  will private message you now 

Message 14 of 15

Keefsmate
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers gmarkj,

I've been busy so only just saw your message. Thank you for the advice and the tag to 02.  I don't use any social media, but, (many) thanks to you, an 02 person has messaged me and I've supplied details. We'll see how it goes!

Message 15 of 15