cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile network signal cannot get internet!

DemBones23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have had no signal on my phone for internet browsing, none of my apps work and I cannot get any mobile signal at all for the last day or so.. I can see there is a problem with a mast locally but I don’t know if my phone actually has a problem or not as I’m going away to France and need to know my data will work when I’m away 

and also I don’t quite understand how the WiFi works perfectly well with the local mast being broken so why does WiFi indoors work but mobile signal gives me no internet at all?

thanks 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144478 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@DemBones23 

wifi and mobile data are two completely different things.

To check your data is still working you need to go somewhere else to connect to a different mast.

If not, check guides:

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 82 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

WiFi is a connection between a mobile device (tablet, laptop, phone) and a broadband router - it has nothing to do with any mobile network.

Message 3 of 5

Sion76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a similar issue with more than one device and put mobile SIM router is dropping in and out, therefore it must be something to do with signal?

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Sion76 

As per your other post you need to speak to Tesco Mobile, and get them to report it... as it could be a sim issue, or a problem with your device..

There is no point posting numerous times the same issue.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5