Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No coverage

Eilis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have been living at this address for 3 years & have always had poor coverage. When I put my postcode into your coverage checker it says the coverage is good but this is not the case. In a certain part of my kitchen & outside the back door I have 1 or 2 bars which flick on & off, everywhere else I have no bars or emergency calls only. This didn't bother me before as I can make Internet calls but my child has been having some medical issues & I'm getting a lot of calls from doctors which 90% of the time go straight to voicemail. I have to then drive up the road to try tp call them back. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Eilis 

The coverage checker is a computer guess of what your signal should be in optimum conditions, it doesnt take into consideration the materials used to build your house, or things that disrupt the signal. 

You can always use WiFi Calling, which uses your broadband connection to make calls ..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Eilis 

The coverage checker is a computer guess of what your signal should be in optimum conditions, it doesnt take into consideration the materials used to build your house, or things that disrupt the signal. 

You can always use WiFi Calling, which uses your broadband connection to make calls ..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6264 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

This is a community forum and we are all customers on here and have no influence on network matters.

Coverage maps are computer predictions and don't take account of some local variations. All four networks tell me I have excellent coverage at home; all four are wrong!

Depending on your phone you may be able to take advantage of WiFi Calling which allows calls to be made over your WiFi rather than the network cell towers...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3