Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No coverage in my home. No home phone and chat isnt ever available

AndrewSimpson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Email for tech support please and cannot contact any other way.

Hi I have moved address. I have no landline at my new address as I haven't used one in years. I haven't any O2 phone signal either. I've utilised online chat numerous times with it being unresolved and frankly unhelpful. The last two times the person I was chatting too just gave up and terminated the chat, although they weren't the only ones. Online chat is no longer available, and I cannot user my mobile phone to call them. For over a week when ever I login it says it is busy and unavailable. The last contact I had they asked me to put my sim card into another phone I asked them to bare with me whilst I did this and they terminated the chat before the other phone had a chance to reboot. I have not once been disrespectful, or rude, and have remained polite throughout. There is simply no O2 cover within 150 meters of my new residence. To use my phone or recieve texts I have to walk towards the main road. My neighbours tell me this has been an issue with O2 for a number of years so they use vodafone. Once I explain this the chat recipient seems to give up and just end the chat! When I had a similar issue with vodafone years ago they provided a box that connected to my router and provided network cover throughout my house. I have asked after the availability of something similar with O2 and they have seemed oblivious re the topic. I now want an email address to address my issues directly. If it isn't resolved I want to terminate my contract. 

O2 are not delivering the service I have paid for. I cannot make or receive texts or phone calls whilst at home.  To make all the calls required in setting up a new home I have to camp out at the local costa.  I have used my sim in 4 other phones, a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5g (which is the same make and model as mine) , A Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra, A Samsung Galaxy A53 5G - none of these had any signal at my house, and a Huawei P40 Pro which had a minimal signal, 1 bar, and is usable but the only phone that did. I have had various friends and family visit who have O2 phones, none of whom have any signal at my home.  There is simply no signal and no service at my new home. Without something to address this, such as the signal booster vodafone provide in similar circumstances, you are not providing the service I am paying for. 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35919 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

All the tips in here for your signal predicament, @AndrewSimpson - Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

O2 do not offer boostboxes to contract or PAYG customers. They do, however, when your home broadband is installed, offer 4G over WiFi calling on an ever increasing range of phones. https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-callinghttps://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-c... has more info.

If, as you have moved, you wish to terminate your O2 contract and move to a different provider, 2 tips:

1 - get PAYG sims from the main providers first and try them out to see which offers best coverage and

2. This for leaving O2: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Good luck, @AndrewSimpson.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35919 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

All the tips in here for your signal predicament, @AndrewSimpson - Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

O2 do not offer boostboxes to contract or PAYG customers. They do, however, when your home broadband is installed, offer 4G over WiFi calling on an ever increasing range of phones. https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-callinghttps://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-c... has more info.

If, as you have moved, you wish to terminate your O2 contract and move to a different provider, 2 tips:

1 - get PAYG sims from the main providers first and try them out to see which offers best coverage and

2. This for leaving O2: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Good luck, @AndrewSimpson.

Message 2 of 2