Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection after multiple new SIMs

StuartDuncan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cannot get any connection with O2 network.

I recently changed to a SIM only contract with O2 from another provider. The SIM worked until I sent my PAC code to transfer my number from the previous network. Then the SIM seemed to die as soon as I got a message saying the number had ported over, and I’ve had no connection since.

Customer services over the phone have replace my SIM twice now, and keep telling me that as there is nothing wrong with the account, the new SIMs should work. None have. So I went into an O2 store, who did a SIM swap for me there and then, and also confirmed there are no issues with my account. They confirmed the SIM was activated correctly. And yet, still absolutely nothing. No bars at all. No network for calls, texts or internet.

My daughter is on my O2 account and has not connection issues.

What do I do next? How do I fix this? Customer services said they hadn’t seen anything like it and had no idea how to fix it. Does anyone here know what to do?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@StuartDuncan 

This is a customer to customer community and we have no access to your account.

You could try your daughters working sim in your phone to see if it's a phone or sim issue.

You could also try resetting your network settings.

if you still have issues then I'm afraid it's back to O2

You can message O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

StuartDuncan
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for replying

I understand you have no access to my account. I just hoped that someone else had been through something similar and could guide me as to what worked for them.

it’s not my phone. I’ve tried another sim in my phone to check, and tried the O2 SIM in another phone as well. I’ve reset my network settings.

I’ve spent more than 5 hours on the phone to O2 this week, and my last phone call ended with something along the lines of ‘I’ve never seen this before and don’t know how to fix it, and nor does my manager’. So I really don’t know what to do next, since customer services don’t seem able to help.

Any more thoughts on what could be the issue or how it might be solved?

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@StuartDuncan 

I think the issue is to do with your porting files as you say 'the sim worked until you sent  your PAC code to transfer your number from your previous network'. Other than asking your last network to resend your porting files again, I'm not sure what else you can do.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

As @Cleoriff alludes to above, some things to check:

Has your old SIM on the other carrier dropped out of service yet, @StuartDuncan?

As I understand it, the new SIM with new number on O2 SIMO worked. You then went through the PAC process to move your number from previous network to the new O2 SIM.

The O2 SIM number (as provisioned) went dead, as expected, but the original number has not appeared on the new SIM yet.

You may need to check with your previous network provider that the PAC process to move the number from them to O2 has completed successfully on their side.

If I have missed anything from your posts above, please explain here - as the process should work, but the steps to move numbers from some networks into O2 have been a bit slower than normal of late, @StuartDuncan 

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I was thinking a split port @pgn (As I mentioned above) which is why I suggested going back to previous provider to ask for porting files to be resent. It's the only thing I can think of now with @StuartDuncan's diary of events.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

StuartDuncan
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff and @pgn @for your thoughts. I am waiting for a reply again from O2 customer services, who said they would be in touch today, and will contact my previous provider depending on the outcome of that. Your time is much appreciated 

Message 7 of 7